- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Tuesday 2:30 PM
- Government sues Edward Snowden for breaking a non-disclosure agreement Tuesday 2:21 PM
While it’s one thing for all of Donald Trump‘s detractors to imagine the vitriol they would fling at the president if they ever got to meet him, it’s a whole different matter to actually see it through.
Many who think they would stand up to the man would likely be cowed by the office, overcome with a need to be respectful. It’s a natural human reaction, regardless of how much you dislike a person. But Poland’s first lady, Agata Kornhauser-Duda, didn’t bother with accepted norms, instead dodging Trump’s outstretched hand, bypassing the man to shake First Lady Melania Trump‘s hand, before turning back to Trump.
Was it shade? Or merely a failure of peripheral vision?
The world may never know, but plenty are already anointing her with icon status for dissing a president who once bragged about committing sexual assault.
First lady of Poland Agata Kornhauser-Duda doesn't just throw shade, she flings it like confetti at a wedding. https://t.co/9W5owRzS4s— Seamus Ryan (@meanderingtripe) July 6, 2017
Agata Kornhauser-Duda is an international treasure 🇵🇱 pic.twitter.com/Paod9sEHco— Laura Martínez (@miblogestublog) July 6, 2017
I've been watching this on a loop the last 10 mins. I can't stop! Agata Kornhauser-Duda. My newest hero. https://t.co/oHECjZfKAY— Ulla (@sabriste) July 6, 2017
The president is in Poland for the first leg of his European tour for the G20 summit, which means this may not be the last handshake shade we’ll see.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]