- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? 3 Years Ago
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge 3 Years Ago
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
While it’s one thing for all of Donald Trump‘s detractors to imagine the vitriol they would fling at the president if they ever got to meet him, it’s a whole different matter to actually see it through.
Many who think they would stand up to the man would likely be cowed by the office, overcome with a need to be respectful. It’s a natural human reaction, regardless of how much you dislike a person. But Poland’s first lady, Agata Kornhauser-Duda, didn’t bother with accepted norms, instead dodging Trump’s outstretched hand, bypassing the man to shake First Lady Melania Trump‘s hand, before turning back to Trump.
Was it shade? Or merely a failure of peripheral vision?
The world may never know, but plenty are already anointing her with icon status for dissing a president who once bragged about committing sexual assault.
First lady of Poland Agata Kornhauser-Duda doesn't just throw shade, she flings it like confetti at a wedding. https://t.co/9W5owRzS4s— Seamus Ryan (@meanderingtripe) July 6, 2017
Agata Kornhauser-Duda is an international treasure 🇵🇱 pic.twitter.com/Paod9sEHco— Laura Martínez® (@miblogestublog) July 6, 2017
I've been watching this on a loop the last 10 mins. I can't stop! Agata Kornhauser-Duda. My newest hero. https://t.co/oHECjZfKAY— Ulla (@sabriste) July 6, 2017
The president is in Poland for the first leg of his European tour for the G20 summit, which means this may not be the last handshake shade we’ll see.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]