- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Today 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Today 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Today 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Today 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Today 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Today 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Today 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Today 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Today 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Today 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Today 5:30 AM
Trump caught on tape saying he can grab women by the ‘p***y’ because he’s famous
‘I did try to f**k her,’ Trump said. ‘I moved on her like a b***h, but I couldn’t get there.’
Donald Trump might have a difficult time explaining this one to women voters.
In a video obtained by the Washington Post, the Republican presidential candidate, apparently caught on a hot mic, can be heard describing in boorish detail how he gropes, kisses, and tries to have sex with women.
“When you’re a star, they let you do it,” Trump says.
The 2005 recording of Trump was reportedly taken as he arrived at the set of the soap opera Days of Our Lives. The person Trump is heard speaking with is Access Hollywood host Billy Bush, who is now the host of NBC’s Today show. The pair were recorded inside a bus and outside after arriving at the set, the Post reports.
During the conversation, Trump tells Bush that because of his fame he can “do anything” to women, even “grab them by the pussy.”
He describes apparently once trying and failing to have sex with a woman. “I moved on her and failed,” he says, adding: “I did try and fuck her.”
“I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married,” Trump continues. “Then all of sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.”
Bush and Trump then apparently turned their lewd remarks on Arianne Zucker, an actress who was waiting to take them on set. “Your girl’s hot as shit, in the purple,” Bush says.
Trump replies: “I’ve gotta use some tic tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything.”
“Whatever you want,” Bush apparently says.
“Grab them by the pussy,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”
In a statement released without context soon after the Post published its report, Trump responded to the release of the video, calling it “locker room banter” and “a private conversation that took place many years ago.”
He added: “Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course—not even close. I apologize if anyone was offended.”
Hillary Clinton, Trump’s Democratic rival and the first female presidential nominee of a major party, responded to the recording in a tweet: “This is horrific.”
Update 4pm CT, Oct. 7: Added Clinton tweet.
Dell Cameron was a reporter at the Daily Dot who covered security and politics. In 2015, he revealed the existence of an American hacker on the U.S. government's terrorist watchlist. He is a co-author of the Sabu Files, an award-nominated investigation into the FBI's use of cyber-informants. He became a staff writer at Gizmodo in 2017.