- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free 4 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
‘Feminist Lisa Frank’ attacks patriarchy with unicorns, rainbows
Only ’90s kids remember, but all kids need this.
Remember the Lisa Frank school supplies that you’d beg your parents for so that you could be the coolest kid at school? Everything from sparkly stickers of unicorns to folders with neon kitties prancing on them. Well, now the classroom staple has been given a feminist makeover.
Look how adorable these kittens are while plotting to take down the power structures that leave women marginalized in today’s society!
And these dazzling unicorns are telling it like it is while looking cute as hell:
But perhaps the most interesting thing about this Tumblr is its subversion of Frank’s not-so-feminist credentials. Jezebel’s “Inside the Rainbow Gulag: The Technicolor Rise and Fall of Lisa Frank” revealed the super messy drama of the artist’s marriage, which eventually leaked into the business. Her backstory stands in stark contrast to this Tumblr’s message.
Anyway, check out more appropriated neon magic over on the site—before somebody gets sued.
Photos via Feminist Lisa Frank/Tumblr
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.