A gun-toting FBI agent does backflip on the dance floor, loses gun, accidently fires when he picks it up
- How to stream Arsenal vs. Sheffield United Today 1:00 AM
- If you have doubts about HBO’s ‘Watchmen,’ give it more time Sunday 9:00 PM
- Video shows moment coach disarmed student of shotgun, then hugged him Sunday 7:38 PM
- Jared Leto reportedly tried to stop ‘Joker’ from happening Sunday 4:12 PM
- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement Sunday 3:13 PM
- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls Sunday 1:38 PM
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf Sunday 12:49 PM
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Sunday 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Sunday 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Sunday 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Sunday 4:30 AM
While dancing at a Denver club on Saturday morning, an FBI agent did a backflip, lost his gun in the process, and then allegedly accidently fired a round while picking it up. And it’s all caught on video.
According to KDVR, a man was allegedly shot in the leg in the process. In the video, the unidentified agent stuffs the gun in the back of his pants, puts his hands up, and walks off the dance floor.
Here’s the video.
This @FBI agent was dancing at a Denver bar on Saturday night. Did a back flip, gun falls. He picks it up and a round is fired, hitting a man (he’ll be ok.) @DenverPolice investigating. #9News pic.twitter.com/MwV1WpNzAQ— Ryan Haarer (@RyanHaarer) June 3, 2018
“It appears an off-duty Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) agent was dancing at a night club when his firearm became dislodged from its waistband holster and fell onto the floor. When the agent retrieved his handgun an unintended discharge occurred, another patron was struck by a bullet in the lower leg,” Denver police said in a statement.
KDVR said the agent was taken to police headquarters and released to an FBI supervisor. The man allegedly shot was taken to the hospital with a “good prognosis.”
The TV station talked with the woman, identified only as Julie, who recorded the video and she said, “Everyone was kind of shocked after it happened because [the agent] kind of put his gun back away and then he walked away … No one really knew what was going on. I was shocked. I honestly just wanted to make sure that my friends… [that] I knew where they were.”
Twitter also appeared surprised by what happened.
That one of them there good guys with a gun NRA keeps talking about?— matricesonline (@matricesonline) June 3, 2018
Nope. That’s one of them “only the government should have guns” you talk about.— Tim LeVier (@tlevier) June 3, 2018
FX channel Narrator voice :— panamaorange (@panamaorange) June 3, 2018
"Previously, on "The Americans" " pic.twitter.com/KjSW1VGH3k
According to the Denver Post, the Denver police homicide unit is investigating the incident, and charges, if there are any, will be determined by the city’s district attorney’s office.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.