A gun-toting FBI agent does backflip on the dance floor, loses gun, accidently fires when he picks it up
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers 2 Years Ago
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Today 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Today 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Today 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Today 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Today 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Today 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Today 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Today 10:32 AM
- Trump adds Jeffrey Epstein’s old attorney to impeachment team Today 10:03 AM
- YouTube star Cameron Dallas gets scathing reviews for his Broadway debut Today 9:58 AM
- How to watch ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ season 10 Today 9:55 AM
- George Lucas met Baby Yoda, and we can’t handle it Today 8:45 AM
- Apple TV+’s ‘Little America’ shines a light on immigrant stories Today 8:00 AM
- Eminem drops surprise album—and Ariana Grande fans are furious Today 7:53 AM
While dancing at a Denver club on Saturday morning, an FBI agent did a backflip, lost his gun in the process, and then allegedly accidently fired a round while picking it up. And it’s all caught on video.
According to KDVR, a man was allegedly shot in the leg in the process. In the video, the unidentified agent stuffs the gun in the back of his pants, puts his hands up, and walks off the dance floor.
Here’s the video.
This @FBI agent was dancing at a Denver bar on Saturday night. Did a back flip, gun falls. He picks it up and a round is fired, hitting a man (he’ll be ok.) @DenverPolice investigating. #9News pic.twitter.com/MwV1WpNzAQ— Ryan Haarer (@RyanHaarer) June 3, 2018
“It appears an off-duty Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) agent was dancing at a night club when his firearm became dislodged from its waistband holster and fell onto the floor. When the agent retrieved his handgun an unintended discharge occurred, another patron was struck by a bullet in the lower leg,” Denver police said in a statement.
KDVR said the agent was taken to police headquarters and released to an FBI supervisor. The man allegedly shot was taken to the hospital with a “good prognosis.”
The TV station talked with the woman, identified only as Julie, who recorded the video and she said, “Everyone was kind of shocked after it happened because [the agent] kind of put his gun back away and then he walked away … No one really knew what was going on. I was shocked. I honestly just wanted to make sure that my friends… [that] I knew where they were.”
Twitter also appeared surprised by what happened.
That one of them there good guys with a gun NRA keeps talking about?— matricesonline (@matricesonline) June 3, 2018
Nope. That’s one of them “only the government should have guns” you talk about.— Tim LeVier (@tlevier) June 3, 2018
FX channel Narrator voice :— panamaorange (@panamaorange) June 3, 2018
"Previously, on "The Americans" " pic.twitter.com/KjSW1VGH3k
According to the Denver Post, the Denver police homicide unit is investigating the incident, and charges, if there are any, will be determined by the city’s district attorney’s office.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.