- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
Let ‘Everybody Knows S**t F**k’ become the year’s hottest dance craze
Who is this guy?
I do not know the Shmoney Dance. I can’t do the Raven. I couldn’t begin to imitate the Sia video shot-for-shot, like this fantasy football bro did. I can, however, throw my leg back and forth like Stephen Paul Taylor, the Berlin-based synth-pop artist behind the 15-second performance known to the Internet as “Everybody Knows Shit Fuck.”
Taylor stands in the street, surrounded by cars and leaves, wearing metallic clothing and what looks like athletic pants around his head. He rocks out on his keyboard, yawping curses into his mic. Hipsters these days, right?
The actual song isn’t quite as nonsensical and nihilistic as the video makes it seem. It’s an anti-government anthem called “Shit’s Fucked.” The line Taylor’s repeating here is “Everybody knows shit’s fucked.” The song’s about a system that’s “creating another Pearl Harbor / killing its own kind” and some other wildly profane activities.
As the clip went viral on Reddit, the remixes poured in. Here’s a GIF you can use for a wide variety of things. Maybe after you stub your toe, or your browser crashes and you lose the story you’ve been working on.
And here is an “enhanced” electronica version of the clip.
It’s surprisingly catchy after the third or fourth repeat.
Screengrab via Louisa Amenke/Instagram
A former assigning editor for the Daily Dot, Cooper Fleishman's work focused on the web culture and niche internet communities. He joined Mic as a senior editor in 2015. His work has been published by HyperVocal and the Good Men Project, and he previously copyedited for Rolling Stone, Men's Journal, and Us Weekly.