- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
In a series of tweets on Monday, Dril replied to Twitter users with short video clips. “Please do not reply to my posts,” he says off camera in a deadpan tone in the first one. He repeated the message in several more video replies.
In some of these video replies, Dril says nothing. He simply shows a tweet that mentions him and records himself putting a graphic of an ‘X’ over the tweet. Brilliant.
In this reply, Dril makes monkey sounds:
This was the first time Dril’s fans are hearing his voice. Up until last year, the internet didn’t know who ran the @dril account, and many people weren’t interested in figuring out the person behind Dril.
But in November, a Tumblr post that claimed to reveal Dril’s identity went viral. Since then, the Twitter account hasn’t changed much. Dril (whose display name is wint) still writes perfect tweets about the modern world:
The Vagina Monologues, But For Gamers— wint (@dril) February 26, 2018
fuck the "left shark "— wint (@dril) February 25, 2018
as far as im concerned. "fidget spinners" is DEAD IN THE WATER— wint (@dril) February 24, 2018
But how did people react to Dril’s voice? One user expressed disappointment upon hearing it:
And Dril had only one thing to say to that: “Please do not reply to my posts.”
You heard him.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.