- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard 4 Years Ago
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition 4 Years Ago
- Why everyone is debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? Today 10:47 AM
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
- Deval Patrick 2020 fever is not catching on Today 9:08 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday Night Football Today 8:13 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Netherlands in the U-17 World Cup semis Today 6:46 AM
- ‘Waves’ wrestles with the family drama and breaks it in half Today 6:30 AM
- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from the impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
It’s the dress all over again. Or is it?
Yet another unanswerable question has taken the Internet by storm. If dogs wore pants, how would they wear them?
Keller also initiated a poll, which revealed a very strong majority in favor of the two-legged option.
— Jared Keller (@jaredbkeller) December 29, 2015
While Keller did not initially credit his source, his article over at Maxim traces the image to the Facebook post. He even interviewed a moderator named Norbert, who said, “I created it last night at about 2 or 3 am (it’s 4:30 pm now my time). I saw some dogs wearing pants, and I thought about how they don’t really have arms so their pants should technically go on every leg. I just tried both versions.”
Keller went on to post a screengrab that allegedly proved the veracity of Norbert’s intellectual property claim.
The question also made its way over to the “reverse animal rescue” subreddit, where the top commenter posted this iron-clad argument:
But we traced the first hints of this discussion to a November Tumblr post.
The YikYak screenshots were written up by BuzzFeed and several other websites at the time. So it looks like the conundrum has had its moment before. And given the similarity of the art—to say nothing of the exact same wording in both iterations—it seems “Norbert” is a meme plagiarist at best.
Meanwhile, a quick Instagram search of #dogswearingpants reveals the question was answered at least three weeks ago by this smart dresser.
A photo posted by Lani Sprague (@morriganleliana) on
But we do have to thank Keller. Even if the answer is painfully obvious and no real disagreement exists, the brief renewal of this viral non-argument reminded the world of this beautiful GIF.
Photo via Utopian Raspberry – Modern Oasis Machine/Facebook
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.