- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
Time to break out the tissues, because it looks like the iconic gap tooth of actress Dakota Johnson has officially closed.
Twitter users had a lot to say about it, and some of them responded with memes.
dakota johnson closed the gap in her teeth???? pic.twitter.com/o6w5EXBbMi— hunter harris (@hunteryharris) August 3, 2019
Johnson explained what happened to her gap during an appearance this week on The Tonight Show. She said that after having removed her permanent retainer, the gap closed by itself.
“I had a permeant retainer since I was like thirteen,” she told Jimmy Fallon, “and it was just glued to the back of my teeth. And I was having a lot of neck problems recently so my orthodontist she decided that it would be a good idea to take it off and see if my jaw sort of expanded and it helped me, and my gap closed by itself and I’m really upset about it too.”
She also told the audience to please respect her privacy at this time, right before assuring fans that it is possible her gap tooth could return.
“It’s going to come back,” she said. “The world of dentistry is so advanced.”
Since the news broke, the internet has been in collective mourning, with some dedicating videos commemorating the life of Johnson’s iconic gap tooth.
“Rest in peace to Dakota Johnson’s tooth gap, a legend in our community,” tweeted @elbirdilara, along with a video of Johnson putting a card in between the gap.
Rest in peace to Dakota Johnson's tooth gap, a legend in our community ❤ pic.twitter.com/r9ZYh9WPW6— dilara elbir (@elbirdilara) August 3, 2019
rip dakota johnson’s gap tooth gone but not forgotten pic.twitter.com/MhSv2G2ZWl— jenina (@suspjria) August 4, 2019
“This is the saddest i’ve even been. RIP Dakota Johnson’s tooth gap,” said @asofmor.
This is the saddest i’ve even been. RIP Dakota Johnson’s tooth gap 🙏🏼 pic.twitter.com/wFN3C8u0xu— s of ia (@asofmor) August 3, 2019
RIP To Dakota Johnson’s tooth gap she did so much for lesbian rights, we lost a legend today— count fagula (@roelonfilm) August 3, 2019
RIP Dakota Johnson’s gap tooth. Closed, but never forgotten.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.