- Video shows moment coach disarmed student of shotgun, then hugged him Sunday 7:38 PM
- Jared Leto reportedly tried to stop ‘Joker’ from happening Sunday 4:12 PM
- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement Sunday 3:13 PM
- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls Sunday 1:38 PM
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf Sunday 12:49 PM
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Sunday 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Sunday 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Sunday 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Sunday 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Sunday 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Sunday 3:00 AM
If you’re tired of dabbing, that’s too bad, because the viral dance phenomenon just won’t die.
The dab went mainstream thanks to Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton—especially since his team played in the Super Bowl—and because of his supposed garishness, angry letters were written. Meanwhile, UCLA gymnasts are including the move in their floor exercise routines, and presidential candidates are doing their best to procure that elusive dancing teen demographic with herky-jerky attempts to mimic it.
But if you’re in a relationship, it’s rarely advisable taunt your partner by dabbing. While the video below, via the University of North Carolina-Greensboro athletic marketing and promotions Twitter account, is no doubt humorous, it couldn’t have put the guy in his girl’s good graces.
Not only did the fan cause his companion to make this face of disgust as soon as she realized she had been used as trolling bait…
… but to top it off, the dude completed the tease with this face.
The video was taken during a UNC-Greensboro home contest vs. Chattanooga on Jan. 21, which happened to be National Hug Day (not National Hug Fakeout Day, however), but the promotions department didn’t release the video until Sunday.
Which, sadly, also happened to be Valentine’s Day.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.