- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
If you’ve ever lived in New York City, you know this urban jungle changes in the blink of an eye.
It seems like just yesterday #PizzaRat was making his noble trek down the subway stairs, enormous slice of pizza in tow. Like many of us, #PizzaRat was simply getting by, taking what he could get in this daily struggle we call life.
Until now. Allow us to introduce #CroissantRat.
A video posted by Alana Pipe (@alanapipe) on
Brooklyn citizen Alana Pipe encountered the croissant-toting critter in the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall subway station on Wednesday evening. While she attributes #CroissantRat’s haul to “classier taste,” we can’t help but wonder if gentrification is to blame. Rats used to be thrilled to find a slice—now they won’t be content unless they’ve got an upscale pastry with a thimble of a half-caf latte on the side. What is this world coming to?
In any case, Pipe was thrilled when we reached out for comment. She told the Daily Dot, “I’m honored [to share Croissant Rat’s story], and I’m sure Croissant Rat is too! Perhaps I can become Croissant Rat’s personal agent…”
Personally, we can’t wait for the action packed Croissant Rat vs. Pizza Rat to drop this summer!
Screengrab via alanapipe/Instagram
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.