- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Friday 10:21 AM
There goes the neighborhood.
If you’ve ever lived in New York City, you know this urban jungle changes in the blink of an eye.
It seems like just yesterday #PizzaRat was making his noble trek down the subway stairs, enormous slice of pizza in tow. Like many of us, #PizzaRat was simply getting by, taking what he could get in this daily struggle we call life.
Until now. Allow us to introduce #CroissantRat.
A video posted by Alana Pipe (@alanapipe) on
Brooklyn citizen Alana Pipe encountered the croissant-toting critter in the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall subway station on Wednesday evening. While she attributes #CroissantRat’s haul to “classier taste,” we can’t help but wonder if gentrification is to blame. Rats used to be thrilled to find a slice—now they won’t be content unless they’ve got an upscale pastry with a thimble of a half-caf latte on the side. What is this world coming to?
In any case, Pipe was thrilled when we reached out for comment. She told the Daily Dot, “I’m honored [to share Croissant Rat’s story], and I’m sure Croissant Rat is too! Perhaps I can become Croissant Rat’s personal agent…”
Personally, we can’t wait for the action packed Croissant Rat vs. Pizza Rat to drop this summer!
Screengrab via alanapipe/Instagram
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.