- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
- Woah! How did Keanu Reeves get so small? Tuesday 4:37 PM
- The centrist argument against Sanders’ student loan plan is getting ripped apart Tuesday 4:08 PM
- Jonathan Frakes confirms that you’re right in yet another meme Tuesday 3:56 PM
- Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande set to star in Netflix’s ‘The Prom’ Tuesday 3:35 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 goodies are here just in time Tuesday 3:01 PM
- Kim Kardashian’s shapewear line Kimono is already getting called out Tuesday 2:11 PM
- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 Tuesday 1:13 PM
- TikTok is being used to call out predators Tuesday 12:41 PM
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding Tuesday 12:39 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Tuesday 11:47 AM
There goes the neighborhood.
If you’ve ever lived in New York City, you know this urban jungle changes in the blink of an eye.
It seems like just yesterday #PizzaRat was making his noble trek down the subway stairs, enormous slice of pizza in tow. Like many of us, #PizzaRat was simply getting by, taking what he could get in this daily struggle we call life.
Until now. Allow us to introduce #CroissantRat.
A video posted by Alana Pipe (@alanapipe) on
Brooklyn citizen Alana Pipe encountered the croissant-toting critter in the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall subway station on Wednesday evening. While she attributes #CroissantRat’s haul to “classier taste,” we can’t help but wonder if gentrification is to blame. Rats used to be thrilled to find a slice—now they won’t be content unless they’ve got an upscale pastry with a thimble of a half-caf latte on the side. What is this world coming to?
In any case, Pipe was thrilled when we reached out for comment. She told the Daily Dot, “I’m honored [to share Croissant Rat’s story], and I’m sure Croissant Rat is too! Perhaps I can become Croissant Rat’s personal agent…”
Personally, we can’t wait for the action packed Croissant Rat vs. Pizza Rat to drop this summer!
Screengrab via alanapipe/Instagram
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.