- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
If you’ve ever lived in New York City, you know this urban jungle changes in the blink of an eye.
It seems like just yesterday #PizzaRat was making his noble trek down the subway stairs, enormous slice of pizza in tow. Like many of us, #PizzaRat was simply getting by, taking what he could get in this daily struggle we call life.
Until now. Allow us to introduce #CroissantRat.
A video posted by Alana Pipe (@alanapipe) on
Brooklyn citizen Alana Pipe encountered the croissant-toting critter in the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall subway station on Wednesday evening. While she attributes #CroissantRat’s haul to “classier taste,” we can’t help but wonder if gentrification is to blame. Rats used to be thrilled to find a slice—now they won’t be content unless they’ve got an upscale pastry with a thimble of a half-caf latte on the side. What is this world coming to?
In any case, Pipe was thrilled when we reached out for comment. She told the Daily Dot, “I’m honored [to share Croissant Rat’s story], and I’m sure Croissant Rat is too! Perhaps I can become Croissant Rat’s personal agent…”
Personally, we can’t wait for the action packed Croissant Rat vs. Pizza Rat to drop this summer!
Screengrab via alanapipe/Instagram
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.