- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best 1 Month Ago
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Today 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Today 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Today 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Today 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Today 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Today 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Today 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Today 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Today 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Today 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Today 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Today 8:58 AM
- CBS All Access now offers a month for free—just in time for March Madness Today 8:39 AM
- The Apex Legends: season 1 battle pass is finally here—and there’s a lot to unpack Today 8:38 AM
Cookie Monster hosts a very wholesome Reddit AMA for charity
In addition to loving cookies, Cookie Monster apparently also loves spreading good vibes on internet. According to BuzzFeed, the lovable character conducted an (Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on Reddit to promote the Yellow Feather Fund, Sesame Street’s nonprofit organization that helps “vulnerable children.”
“It help us bring learning and laughter to children in need,” wrote Cookie Monster (or, you know, whomever was writing as Cookie Monster).
With his AMA, the character apparently brought some “learning and laughter” to the people of Reddit.
“ATTENTION! Me doing @reddit AMA right now. Come ask me questions!” he wrote on Twitter from his verified account as “da proof” that he’s the real Cookie Monster.
— Cookie Monster (@MeCookieMonster) February 6, 2019
He answered everything from how he likes his cookies (both crispy and soft), to how he gets crumbs out of his fur (they’re “snackies” for later).
He admitted to liking stroopwafel, calling the delicacy “wonderful,” to which one redditor replied: “He mentioned the sacred Stroopwafel! This is gangster level cookie knowledge!”
He settled the debate on whether Jaffa Cake’s are cookies or cakes. “This the age old cookie question,” he said. “Me hear to settle it. It a cookie!”
People were thrilled with the responses, and one user even declared it as “the best day in Reddit history.”
“Just reading this AMA is the greatest thing to ever happen to me,” another wrote.
As it turns out, Cookie Monster is pretty witty.
“How’s the rent on Sesame Street?” someone asked. He responded: “Me think you confused…. Rent played on different street, me think Broadway?”
To promote the Yellow Feather Fund, Cookie Monster is inviting folks to enter for a chance for “you and a friend” to meet him on Sesame Street in New York City. You can also choose to donate as little as $10 or as much as $5,000.
All the money collected will go toward helping the fund. If that doesn’t sound enticing enough, Cookie Monster even promises to share his cookies with you.
“Me running dis thing where you and a friend can come to Sesame Street to eat Cookies with Oscar the Grouch. No no, me just joking!” he wrote. “Me will bring da COOKIES!”
- 2019’s new emoji bring representation and accessibility
- The most wholesome channel on Pornhub just wants to make sure you’re OK
- Twitter loves this sixth-grader who left a witness note after a hit-and-run
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.