- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
In addition to loving cookies, Cookie Monster apparently also loves spreading good vibes on internet. According to BuzzFeed, the lovable character conducted an (Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on Reddit to promote the Yellow Feather Fund, Sesame Street’s nonprofit organization that helps “vulnerable children.”
“It help us bring learning and laughter to children in need,” wrote Cookie Monster (or, you know, whomever was writing as Cookie Monster).
With his AMA, the character apparently brought some “learning and laughter” to the people of Reddit.
“ATTENTION! Me doing @reddit AMA right now. Come ask me questions!” he wrote on Twitter from his verified account as “da proof” that he’s the real Cookie Monster.
He answered everything from how he likes his cookies (both crispy and soft), to how he gets crumbs out of his fur (they’re “snackies” for later).
He admitted to liking stroopwafel, calling the delicacy “wonderful,” to which one redditor replied: “He mentioned the sacred Stroopwafel! This is gangster level cookie knowledge!”
He settled the debate on whether Jaffa Cake’s are cookies or cakes. “This the age old cookie question,” he said. “Me hear to settle it. It a cookie!”
People were thrilled with the responses, and one user even declared it as “the best day in Reddit history.”
“Just reading this AMA is the greatest thing to ever happen to me,” another wrote.
As it turns out, Cookie Monster is pretty witty.
“How’s the rent on Sesame Street?” someone asked. He responded: “Me think you confused…. Rent played on different street, me think Broadway?”
To promote the Yellow Feather Fund, Cookie Monster is inviting folks to enter for a chance for “you and a friend” to meet him on Sesame Street in New York City. You can also choose to donate as little as $10 or as much as $5,000.
All the money collected will go toward helping the fund. If that doesn’t sound enticing enough, Cookie Monster even promises to share his cookies with you.
“Me running dis thing where you and a friend can come to Sesame Street to eat Cookies with Oscar the Grouch. No no, me just joking!” he wrote. “Me will bring da COOKIES!”
- 2019’s new emoji bring representation and accessibility
- The most wholesome channel on Pornhub just wants to make sure you’re OK
- Twitter loves this sixth-grader who left a witness note after a hit-and-run
Eilish O’Sullivan is the news wire editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.