- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil 2 Years Ago
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Today 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Today 10:50 AM
- YouTuber renames small town ‘Gay Hell’ to defy Trump Pride policy Today 10:43 AM
- John Cusack blames Twitter bot for anti-Semitic tweet Today 10:18 AM
- YouTube rapper who glorifies pimping has been charged with human trafficking Today 10:09 AM
- Amy Klobuchar lists net neutrality as part of her 100-day plan for presidency Today 8:54 AM
- Reddit just banned the NBA Streams subreddit Today 8:17 AM
- How to watch ‘Drunk History’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unit 42’ soars on the chemistry of its unlikely lead partners Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Good Trouble’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- It’s time for Pete Buttigieg to claim his status as Short King Today 6:30 AM
- The best foreign-language TV shows on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- Hasan Minhaj explains why your internet sucks in ‘Patriot Act’ episode, puts it on DVD Monday 8:41 PM
- Hackers got control of Dylan Sprouse’s Twitter account, posted offensive content Monday 7:38 PM
This toddler steals baby Jesus during Christmas play, nearly ignites a brawl
This is hilarious.
It’s always advisable to take video of young children trying to perform a play on stage—for the sentimental value of the loving parents and for the viral nature of what can occur when, in this case, one kid tries to steal the baby Jesus.
Need proof? Watch the video below when a sweet moment nearly turns into a church brawl.
As the Knoxville News Sentinel notes, this occurred at the First Baptist Church of White Pine with 2-year-old Teegan Benson taking the doll and 3-year-old Collia Weems trying to return Jesus back to the manger.
As Teegan’s mother, Tana, explained to the newspaper, “She (Teegan) pulls back the little blanket, and I thought, ‘Oh no.’ So she gets the baby Jesus, and Mary, which is Collia Weems, she is a stickler for the rules, and she knew that Teegan wasn’t supposed to have the baby Jesus, so she was real quick to let her know ‘Hey, let me get that back and put it back so we can do what we’re supposed to do,’ and Teegan wasn’t having it. She thought, ‘I’ve got this.’”
Luckily, cooler heads prevailed, a potential brawl was averted, and the police were not called to the scene.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.