- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him 9 Months Ago
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb 9 Months Ago
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Today 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Today 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Today 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Today 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Today 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Today 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Today 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Today 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture Today 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Today 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Today 12:01 PM
- Netflix will finally start cracking down on password sharing Today 11:48 AM
If you’ve been anywhere near social media in the last few days, you’ve no doubt seen people participating in the #10yearchallenge, alternately known as the #howdidagehityouchallenge or, if you’re feeling particularly confident in your current form, #glowup.
The idea is to post a picture of yourself from approximately ten years ago alongside a current photo to show how much you’ve changed.
Even celebrities got in on the challenge.
And, of course, it wasn’t long before brands started using it for marketing.
Eventually, the whole thing became a meme.
Usually, a brand tweeting a meme would signal the end of a meme, but if there’s one person who can keep the trend alive, it’s Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar, aka Cardi B. The “Bodak Yellow” rapper gifted fans with a short video clip of an old high school performance. The video, posted to Instagram, shows Cardi performing the Lady Gaga song “Bad Romance” while a group of friends dance in the background.
Yes, that song is nearly ten years old now.
Although it was posted less than 24 hours ago, the video has already racked up over 6.7 million views. It’s kind of hard to make out the words over the screaming fans as Cardi hits the stage. It’s clear that while she wasn’t a household name yet, Cardi B. was already a star. She didn’t include a current video or picture to go along with the throwback post, but then again we don’t really need that when it comes to Cardi B. do we?
Although if you’re the kind of person who craves a feeling of completeness you can check out the official (NSFW) video for Cardi’s newest single below. It’s for the song “Money” which currently sits at number 17 on the Billboard charts, and the video itself has over 33 million views. Not bad for ten years.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.