- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid Today 10:16 AM
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes Today 9:16 AM
- Democrats want to ban use of facial recognition in public housing Today 8:29 AM
- In America’s meme war, the left and right are fighting different battles Today 8:10 AM
- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU Today 7:18 AM
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ online Today 7:00 AM
- Controversial Instagram influencer plans event called ‘The Scam’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to clear your search history on Instagram Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
Get outta here with your Garfield. Bruno’s in now.
How extra are you? Are you so extra that you refuse to eat without physical affection first? Are there only certain places you’ll drink water from?
You may be a match for Bruno, seemingly one of the world’s most high-maintenance cats. The 7-year-old is currently up for adoption via the Illinois-based Wright-Way Rescue, and he’s caused quite a stir with his unique proportions and larger-than-life personality.
Ever since Wright-Way Rescue’s listing for the 25-pound cat hit the internet, folks have been fighting tooth and nail to bring him home. Because he may sound like a ton of work, but he also seems like the most charming fellow you’ll ever meet.
TOO COOL TO BE HOMELESS!We're not sure how Bruno hasn't found his forever home yet! He's the COOLEST cat!Hi, my name...Posted by Wright Way Rescue on Wednesday, August 15, 2018
For one, just look at this guy. The potato-shaped feline is said to be “perfectly healthy” aside from being overweight—he also has polydactyly, which means he has little cute kitty thumbs. The animal rescue states that he’s on a diet, and he’s being tasked with exercising to lose some weight. Perhaps he’s friends with fellow fat cat Bronson?
All those things are pretty normal, though. But believe us when we say that Bruno’s got quite a few, well, idiosyncrasies to deal with.
For one, he loves to relax and lay around the house, but only likes to play with his feather wand toy. You can forget just about anything else. And if you don’t scratch him specifically on his face and neck (or the side or the top of his head and spine), you may be in for some scratching or biting. He doesn’t like tummy rubs, which is a little disappointing with his fluffiness. He may, according to Wright-Way, “pretend to bite” and “swat” if you try.
One of Bruno’s weirdest quirks is that you’ve got to pet him while he eats, and if you stop, well, he might just stop eating. Considering most animals aren’t all about being bothered while they’re trying to chow down, this is pretty strange. We’ll do you one even better: He won’t drink his water if it’s in the kitchen with his food. If you want him to drink, you’ll have to just litter your home with water bowls to make sure he has adequate hydration.
Despite all this weirdness, Bruno’s just a big sweet boy who needs a home, and everyone seems to want him. People have even gone so far as to write songs about how much they love this adorable cat.
"Gimme that fat cat"Yes, we have received song applications proclaiming their love for Bruno. He is very touched.Posted by Wright Way Rescue on Friday, August 17, 2018
As you can imagine, people can’t get enough of Bruno. Just look how adorable he is.
Absolute unit.— King Don Esketit Batman Supreme De Bruyne Dab Succ (@abdullahkhan135) August 17, 2018
Bruno hasn’t been adopted just yet, but he’s “reviewing applications” as we speak.
Fame has gone to his head. Our thicc boi Bruno is now reviewing applications for the *PERFECT* home. pic.twitter.com/NmVjAufJcw— Wright-Way Rescue (@WrightWayRescue) August 17, 2018
Whoever is selected to give Bruno all the love, treats, and cuddles this Very Good Boy deserves will be one lucky pet parent indeed. Just don’t forget to follow his rules.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.