- John Mayer steps in to Photoshop Diplo’s Instagram 6 Years Ago
- Venmo is flagging payments that mention ‘Persian’ 6 Years Ago
- YouTube’s Slo Mo Guys inspired a key moment in ‘Solo’ 6 Years Ago
- Trump unveils ‘workshopped’ nickname for Bernie Sanders Today 8:16 AM
- This Kickstarter needs $4,000 to digitally erase the rat from ‘The Departed’ Today 8:07 AM
- Welcome to Bernie 2020 Twitter, same as Bernie 2016 Twitter Today 7:39 AM
- Bernie Sanders memes resurface after 2020 bid announcement Today 6:27 AM
- How to survive and thrive in Metro Exodus Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Survivor’ for free Today 5:30 AM
- The simple way to connect Apple TV and HomePod Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid online for free Today 5:00 AM
- Black man films ‘Crosswalk Cathy’ yelling racist slurs at him Tuesday 6:47 PM
- Guerrilla artists turn John Oliver billboard ad into right-wing meme Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild Tuesday 3:41 PM
Nerdy men of the Internet outraged that a nerdy man has landed ‘a ton of hot girls’
Apparently nothing is more shocking to these guys than that one of their own might be popular with women.
One of the Internet’s largest bodybuilding communities collectively dropped its weights and jaws Wednesday over photos of a nerdy high school graduate posing with some pretty ladies.
The alleged teenager in question is Christopher Scott, a pimply young man who recently dropped some weight. Scott set BodyBuilding.com’s forum on fire after user DarezHonda posted the photos from his Facebook. “There I was just minding my business looking at babes on FB that I have mutual friends with and this pic comes up,” DarezHonda wrote, clearly shocked that his own strategy of Facebook stalking wasn’t paying off as well as whatever magical cupid spell Scott has at his disposal. Maybe he just treats them like humans and not creatures to be stalked? Just a guess!
DarezHonda’s post was a huge hit, collecting more than 36 pages worth of comments. It also inspired a massively popular thread on Reddit’s r/funny . Nothing is more shocking to the pimply denizens of the Internet’s major forums, apparently, than the idea that one of their own might actually be popular with women.
Figuring out the secret behind Scott’s success became a mission of unparalleled intensity on the forums, a focus of serious inquiry not unlike the scientific community’s quest to uncover the secrets of dark matter. The first answer reached by many of BodyBuilding’s top thinkers was, not surprisingly, “gay.”
“[W]hat the actual phuck?,” jcarn032 wrote in a somewhat comprehensible comment. “He must be gay… and then the girls are like ‘OMG I CAN KISS A GAY GUY AND IT’S OK BECAUSE HE’S GAY LOLOLOL.’ What a cheeky kent m8 I swear… if this is real tea, I am proud of that guy.”
The feigned outrage over a normal looking teen winning over the affection of a bunch of girls was so hilarious on BodyBuilding.com, Reddit compiled a list of the reaction GIFs used to express their surprise. Check out some of the best ones below.
Photo via Facebook
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.