- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories 4 Years Ago
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Today 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Today 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Today 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Today 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Today 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Today 2:33 PM
- The ‘your music saved me’ meme celebrates the wackiest influences of our time Today 2:20 PM
- This guy slapped his mom’s boobs for a TikTok and, honestly, it’s exhausting (updated) Today 12:37 PM
- Jif peanut butter and Giphy have joined forces on how to pronounce ‘GIF’ Today 12:19 PM
- This dad threw a 1-year HRT party for his trans son and the internet can’t get enough of it Today 11:44 AM
- This petition wants Pornhub to be shut down for good Today 11:03 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s speech voice is suspiciously like Obama’s Today 10:56 AM
- Exposé about Bernie staffer’s Twitter leads to his firing—and an online class war Today 10:40 AM
- Netflix adds Top 10 feature to showcase what’s popular Today 10:24 AM
Bill Gates finally hit the dab, and it’s just as bad as we feared
It finally happened.
The dab is a dance that went from “underground” to “extremely mainstream” in the blink of an eye. Unlike the dougie, the chicken head, and the twist, whose lifespans were rather short, the dab shows no signs of leaving the pop culture conversation anytime soon.
Unfortunately, this means that people who have no business doing the dab will convince themselves that, in fact, they should be doing the dab.
Remember when we wrote about Donald Trump potentially dabbing and how bad it would be for humanity? Well, even though Bill Gates’ dab isn’t quite as life-threatening, the results are still painfully awkward.
Clearly he didn’t learn much if his dab was that off. Now let’s grade the other visible dabs in this photo.
Guy in striped tie: Although the elbow isn’t lifted high enough for perfect execution, this is still as solid dab. B
Girl in yellow jacket: Nice posture. B+
Guy in red tie: So into his dab you can’t even see his face. A-
Girl in black dress: Dab is great even as she is adjacent to an awkwardly dabbing Bill Gates. A+
Bill Gates: F-
Also, Gates has apparently done this before, but the Internet was too shocked to digest it properly.
Wow, this was even worse. How can someone so rich not have a person around to teach them how to dab correctly? And why would Gates waste his time dabbing when he could be off creating some new type of technology to aid humanity? Is nothing sacred anymore? Who out there can help us put into words what we just witnessed?
Well said, my friend. Well said.
Screengrab via @BillGates/Twitter