- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Galatasaray in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League Monday 11:00 PM
- Russian bots targeting Joe Biden on Instagram Monday 10:04 PM
- TikTok takes down 2 dozen ISIS accounts being used for recruitment Monday 9:38 PM
- British judge refuses to delay WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s extradition hearing Monday 8:01 PM
- ‘Bomboclaat’ is the new ‘sco pa tu manaa’ Monday 7:00 PM
- Lori Harvey reportedly trying to walk away from car crash spawns memes Monday 6:00 PM
- In Netflix’s ‘Upstarts,’ Silicon Valley CEOs are the good guys Monday 4:35 PM
- This video of a tree struck by lightning is… relatable? Monday 4:13 PM
- How to watch ‘Keeping Faith’ Monday 3:37 PM
- ‘South Park’ at the center of $500 million streaming war Monday 3:16 PM
- Pizza Hut and Papa John’s employees pranked into talking to each other on the phone Monday 2:34 PM
- Twitter bullies brought Jordan Peterson to tears Monday 2:24 PM
- 25 last-minute Halloween costumes for those with no time to shop Monday 1:30 PM
Bill Gates finally hit the dab, and it’s just as bad as we feared
It finally happened.
The dab is a dance that went from “underground” to “extremely mainstream” in the blink of an eye. Unlike the dougie, the chicken head, and the twist, whose lifespans were rather short, the dab shows no signs of leaving the pop culture conversation anytime soon.
Unfortunately, this means that people who have no business doing the dab will convince themselves that, in fact, they should be doing the dab.
Remember when we wrote about Donald Trump potentially dabbing and how bad it would be for humanity? Well, even though Bill Gates’ dab isn’t quite as life-threatening, the results are still painfully awkward.
Clearly he didn’t learn much if his dab was that off. Now let’s grade the other visible dabs in this photo.
Guy in striped tie: Although the elbow isn’t lifted high enough for perfect execution, this is still as solid dab. B
Girl in yellow jacket: Nice posture. B+
Guy in red tie: So into his dab you can’t even see his face. A-
Girl in black dress: Dab is great even as she is adjacent to an awkwardly dabbing Bill Gates. A+
Bill Gates: F-
Also, Gates has apparently done this before, but the Internet was too shocked to digest it properly.
Wow, this was even worse. How can someone so rich not have a person around to teach them how to dab correctly? And why would Gates waste his time dabbing when he could be off creating some new type of technology to aid humanity? Is nothing sacred anymore? Who out there can help us put into words what we just witnessed?
Well said, my friend. Well said.
Screengrab via @BillGates/Twitter