- Harness the power of sun: The best solar-powered phone charges 4 Years Ago
- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
Police forced to remove mugshot from Facebook due to excessive roasting
The comments were savage.
While criminals like the Texas “adorable drug kingpin” and the Fine Felon are applauded for their mugshots, others aren’t so lucky. One teen wanted by the police is now not only on the lam, but was roasted so badly that the police department took his photo off their Facebook page.
According to Manchester Evening News, 18-year-old Caylan Clossick is wanted by officers from GMP Wigan East in connection with a burglary. Cops posted his mugshot to their Facebook page on Dec. 7, and people started mocking him—primarily for his ears. The picture has since been deleted, but thankfully, the most savage burns were preserved on Imgur.
Ear puns, saying Clossick is the son of Mr. Potato Head, and even implying that he’s actually a house elf from Harry Potter—nothing was off limits for the brutes in this comment thread. You have to feel just a little bad for this guy, who, by the way, is not definitively guilty yet. In fact, he’s only wanted in connection with the burglary. What if he didn’t even do it? Some of the jokes definitely are cackle-worthy. Others just induce this grimace:
And yes, while people commenting and sharing on the picture may help aid in the search for this teen, the excessive burns did ultimately push the police department to take down the picture, possibly hindering the pursuit of justice. But that hasn’t stopped people from continuing the smackdown.
Oh, and yes, police are still looking for him. So keep an ear out.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.