- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) 3 Years Ago
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play 3 Years Ago
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
- Alice Wetterlund draws insight from the last decade in ‘My Mama Is a Human and So Am I’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream the Cowboys vs. Texans NFL preseason showdown Today 7:00 AM
- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans Today 6:00 AM
- Why you should be watching ‘Red vs Blue’ on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
Ah yes, the Fourth of July. Our sweet country’s Independence Day—and we’re not talking about the hostile alien takeover movies. And there’s no better metaphor for how Americans feel regarding 2016 than a bald eagle immediately peacing out from the baseball game it was supposed to grace with its patriotic flair.
The Dodgers were playing on the holiday, and the game started off with the eagle flying through the stadium. Because, you know, symbolism or whatever. But then it just skadoodled on past its handler.
People in the stands were able to catch the moment on video, as well as the crowd’s giggling when they realized what happened.
A video posted by Izzy Santiago (@izzy_santiago1) on
The bird didn’t get too far, though. Looks like it got some cold talons about totally ghosting, so it just parked itself over at a van, waiting for its human to come get it.
Happily, our bald eagles are fine + safely back at the Zoo. Although he missed his mark, Chinook waited by the van for his trainer
— Los Angeles Zoo (@LAZoo) July 5, 2016
Ladies and gentlemen, our country’s most-esteemed animal.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.