- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
Every day is a holiday if you buy into the bullshit calendar of festive food days. Today it happens to be national lasagna day—cause for celebration among Italians and Garfield enthusiasts alike.
The latter group certainly got their kicks when everyone’s favorite fat cat decided to participate in a Twitter AMA, care of the #AskGarfield hashtag.
Pretty revelatory shit right there. The only problem is, @joeytainment isn’t “official” anything. But the account began tweeting strictly Garfield content just five hours ago. Before that, between a smattering of comedy tweets promoting a wrestling podcast and retweeted photos of cats, @joeytainment would occasionally post random Garfield facts such as “Garfield has a friend named Odie” and “Garfield is a cat.”
The too-good-to-be-true responses to #AskGarfield eventually reached the actual Garfield Twitter account.
This brief beef hasn’t deterred @joeytainment from answering more pressing questions about Garfield’s eventual presidential run and more. For those seeking a side of bizarre with their carb-heavy meal, @joeytainment is a fantastic alternative to the frankly tired out gimmickry of Garfield.
Be honest, would you rather find out about cotton swabs?
Or would you rather see creator Jim Davis lose his shit over Nermal’s origin story?
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.