- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Today 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Today 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Today 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Today 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Today 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Today 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Jets in NFL Week 6 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. 49ers in NFL Week 6 action Saturday 3:05 PM
- Kamala Harris’ ‘lover’ says Jacob Wohl hired him off Craigslist Saturday 2:03 PM
Every day is a holiday if you buy into the bullshit calendar of festive food days. Today it happens to be national lasagna day—cause for celebration among Italians and Garfield enthusiasts alike.
The latter group certainly got their kicks when everyone’s favorite fat cat decided to participate in a Twitter AMA, care of the #AskGarfield hashtag.
Pretty revelatory shit right there. The only problem is, @joeytainment isn’t “official” anything. But the account began tweeting strictly Garfield content just five hours ago. Before that, between a smattering of comedy tweets promoting a wrestling podcast and retweeted photos of cats, @joeytainment would occasionally post random Garfield facts such as “Garfield has a friend named Odie” and “Garfield is a cat.”
The too-good-to-be-true responses to #AskGarfield eventually reached the actual Garfield Twitter account.
This brief beef hasn’t deterred @joeytainment from answering more pressing questions about Garfield’s eventual presidential run and more. For those seeking a side of bizarre with their carb-heavy meal, @joeytainment is a fantastic alternative to the frankly tired out gimmickry of Garfield.
Be honest, would you rather find out about cotton swabs?
Or would you rather see creator Jim Davis lose his shit over Nermal’s origin story?
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.