- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban 3 Weeks Ago
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream 3 Weeks Ago
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias 3 Weeks Ago
- Instagram artist accused of faking her paintings says they’re ‘100%’ real 3 Weeks Ago
- Trump refuses to apologize for Central Park Five death penalty ads Today 11:08 AM
- While Rubio smiles at Trump’s campaign rally, the internet drags him Today 11:04 AM
- Dr Disrespect is still banned from Twitch. When will he be back? Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ is returning to theaters with new material Today 10:18 AM
- House fails to pass amendment curbing government surveillance Today 10:12 AM
- What happened when Ed Krassenstein crashed the Chapo Trap House subreddit Today 9:21 AM
- Andrew Yang comes out as pro-Bird Scooters Today 8:59 AM
- Netflix claims Adam Sandler’s ‘Murder Mystery’ broke viewing records Today 8:09 AM
- How to watch ‘Yellowstone’ online for free Today 8:00 AM
- How online allies joined a trans artist’s street art war Today 7:30 AM
- These edited videos show the dark side of your favorite cartoons Today 7:00 AM
Witness the wholesome magic of inter-generational conversations on r/AskOldPeople
The Daily Dot (Licensed)
It’s time to tap the wisdom of our elders.
In an age where nearly all information is a Google or Wiki search away, it’s easy to forget that real, first-hand experiences of what the world used to be like are right in our own families and communities.
That’s the mission of the subreddit r/AskOldPeople. It’s a place for members of one generation to gain perspective from those who came before. The result has been some deep conversations about politics, personal finance, technology, and the timeless personal wisdom you just can’t get from the news or a textbook.
This week on 2 Girls 1 Podcast, Alli and Jen (actors who perform weird internet content on stage) speak to GetOffMyLawn, a moderator who curated some of the best conversations the subreddit has to offer.
Listen to episode 85 of #2G1P right here:
2 Girls 1 Podcast is supported by listeners. A lot of time and resources go into research, booking, editing, and publishing this show. If you love internet culture as much as we love ’casting about it, consider a contribution of $1 or $2 per month to help offset our production costs. Become a patron of #2G1P and earn some cool perks while you’re at it:
Subscribe to 2 Girls 1 Podcast wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.
We’d love to hear from you!
- Email the show: [email protected]
- Tweet us: @alligold, @joonbugger, @alliandjen
- Call us: (347) 871-6548 (Leave us a message with a suggestion, personal story, original song, or just shout into your phone. We might play your voicemail on the show.)
If you enjoy this podcast, consider sharing it with a friend or two, and use the hashtag #2G1P. We’ll be watching!
Matt Silverman is the director of video and producer of 2 Girls 1 Podcast at the Daily Dot. He has been making internet shows and viral videos for nearly a decade, and has directed top talent including John Oliver, Kevin Bacon, Kate McKinnon, Alton Brown, and the Sesame Street Muppets. Silverman is also the creator of FREE DAD VIDEOS, a comedy and music channel with his young children.