- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Tuesday 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Tuesday 12:35 PM
In an age where nearly all information is a Google or Wiki search away, it’s easy to forget that real, first-hand experiences of what the world used to be like are right in our own families and communities.
That’s the mission of the subreddit r/AskOldPeople. It’s a place for members of one generation to gain perspective from those who came before. The result has been some deep conversations about politics, personal finance, technology, and the timeless personal wisdom you just can’t get from the news or a textbook.
This week on 2 Girls 1 Podcast, Alli and Jen (actors who perform weird internet content on stage) speak to GetOffMyLawn, a moderator who curated some of the best conversations the subreddit has to offer.
Listen to episode 85 of #2G1P right here:
2 Girls 1 Podcast is supported by listeners. A lot of time and resources go into research, booking, editing, and publishing this show. If you love internet culture as much as we love ’casting about it, consider a contribution of $1 or $2 per month to help offset our production costs. Become a patron of #2G1P and earn some cool perks while you’re at it:
Subscribe to 2 Girls 1 Podcast wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.
We’d love to hear from you!
- Email the show: [email protected]
- Tweet us: @alligold, @joonbugger, @alliandjen
- Call us: (347) 871-6548 (Leave us a message with a suggestion, personal story, original song, or just shout into your phone. We might play your voicemail on the show.)
If you enjoy this podcast, consider sharing it with a friend or two, and use the hashtag #2G1P. We’ll be watching!
Matt Silverman is the director of video and producer of 2 Girls 1 Podcast at the Daily Dot. He has been making internet shows and viral videos for nearly a decade, and has directed top talent including John Oliver, Kevin Bacon, Kate McKinnon, Alton Brown, and the Sesame Street Muppets. Silverman is also the creator of FREE DAD VIDEOS, a comedy and music channel with his young children.