- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play 3 Years Ago
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Today 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Today 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Today 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Today 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Today 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Today 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Today 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Teen trolls art world with $15,000 earrings supposedly made from his nipples
The fleshiest accessories around.
If you’re searching for jewelry that’s one-of-a-kind, look no further than Karim Boumjimar’s new line of fashion accessories. He may not have put his blood, sweat, and tears into them, but he did sacrifice a fair amount of his actual flesh.
The 18-year-old artist had his nipples and belly button removed so that he could sell the body parts as jewelry pieces, asking £10,000 ($14,430) for each. Talk about titillating.
Now, before you freak out, we’re a bit a skeptical that this kid actually ripped off these body parts. In an interview last week with Paper, he said:
I have been a troll online for a few months, I don’t know what I was before. My work revolves around what is real and what isn’t real online, and how that extends into the real life.
So while people are barraging him with comments on Instagram like “WTF HELP” and “It is so insane I want to stab my eyeballs out,” it’s quite possible that this is just an elaborate prank. Also, who really thinks that their nipples would sell for nearly $15,000? They ain’t Bulgari.
Boumjimar also uploaded pictures of his nipple-free chest to Instagram, but where there should be scars, you can see a blur effect that anybody would be able to achieve with Photoshop.
A photo posted by Karim Boumjimar (@beigetype) on
Honestly, this artist could really have had his nipples and belly button removed for art. But in considering all the clues, we’re thinking this is more about social media performance.
And if we’re wrong, we can’t wait to see someone put on those nipple earrings.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.