- Netflix says ‘Fortnite’ is more competition than HBO Friday 8:25 PM
- This computer-generated Insta model looks staggeringly real Friday 7:15 PM
- Netflix is bringing back ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ with ‘Stranger Things’ producer Friday 6:42 PM
- Facebook is creating a meme feature to bring back the teens Friday 4:13 PM
- A hitman’s smartwatch helped send him to prison for life Friday 4:05 PM
- Privacy group files complaints against Netlifx, Spotify for GDPR violations Friday 3:02 PM
- Bikini Kill reunion show sale proves the internet is still hell for live music fans Friday 2:55 PM
- Teen’s photo of Nazi-themed school-dance invite goes viral Friday 2:31 PM
- Ben Shapiro comes out as pro-baby Hitler in March for Life message Friday 2:28 PM
- Facebook staffers caught writing 5-star Amazon reviews for Portal speaker Friday 2:27 PM
- R. Kelly supporters are using #FirstThem to protect him Friday 1:55 PM
- Lin-Manuel Miranda tweets his disappointment about Trump and Puerto Rico Friday 1:28 PM
- YouTuber Simone Giertz reveals her brain tumor has returned Friday 1:07 PM
- ‘Conversations With a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes’ feels like a bad one-man show Friday 12:37 PM
- Post-cataclysmic sci-fi flick ‘IO’ fails to stand out in its saturated genre Friday 12:30 PM
Amsterdam police had their bubble burst when saving the day this past week: Their damsel in distress turned out to be a blow-up sex doll.
On Tuesday, the popo were tipped off by concerned neighbors who saw a lifeless lady in some black lingerie standing at a window. The cops tried getting her attention, but to no avail. When she didn’t answer knocks at the door or the doorbell, law enforcement sprang into action and broke through the apartment’s door. They even brought a defibrillator, which obviously wasn’t very helpful, because she was mad dead and mad plastic.
The police department posted on Facebook about the incident.
It’s unclear where the doll’s human was at the moment of the rescue, but at least their inflatable companion is safe and sound. The police moved the doll away from the window to keep more people from becoming alarmed about the possibility of a hot semi-naked woman in distress.
2016 has been a pretty solid year for blow-up dolls—earlier this year in Indonesia, a sex doll was mistaken for a fallen angel—so they should have a lot to talk about at their annual convention.
H/T Dutch News
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.