- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard 4 Years Ago
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition 4 Years Ago
- Why everyone is debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? 4 Years Ago
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
- Deval Patrick 2020 fever is not catching on Today 9:08 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday Night Football Today 8:13 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Netherlands in the U-17 World Cup semis Today 6:46 AM
- ‘Waves’ wrestles with the family drama and breaks it in half Today 6:30 AM
- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from the impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
Bad news, Americans. All the embarrassing old stereotypes about American tourists are alive and well.
It turns out that when you quiz people from around the world about how they identify Americans in public, the results are less than flattering. According to this YouTube video, Americans can be recognized by their loud personalities, public drunkenness, overweight physiques, and love of shapeless clothing.
There were a couple of more flattering descriptions buried under all the veiled insults, but on the whole it doesn’t look like Americans have a great reputation overseas.
Screengrab via sw yoon/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor