- Pixel Buds 2 or Apple AirPods 2: Which are right for you? 5 Years Ago
- It’s 2019: Make your holiday cards online, for free this year 5 Years Ago
- Fighting over the ‘Marriage Story’ fight scene becomes a meme 5 Years Ago
- ‘Trump is innocent!’: InfoWars correspondent interrupts impeachment hearing Today 12:12 PM
- Video shows runner smacking reporter’s butt on live TV Today 11:46 AM
- 27 senators call on Trump to fire Stephen Miller Today 11:13 AM
- Conservatives are fighting over whether porn is OK Today 10:39 AM
- The best in tech gifts for women this year Today 10:39 AM
- Why do the Golden Globes keep sidelining women filmmakers? Today 10:37 AM
- Netflix dominates with 34 Golden Globe nominations across TV and film Today 10:27 AM
- Ethan Klein has declared war on K-pop—and K-pop fans Today 10:22 AM
- People are not happy with Steve Harvey’s cartel comment to Miss Colombia Today 10:21 AM
- The decade conspiracy theories overtook the truth Today 9:14 AM
- Marianne Williamson duped into believing Trump pardoned Charles Manson Today 8:55 AM
- TikTok users are freaking out about ‘predicting’ Juice WRLD’s death Today 7:59 AM
Michael Sam announces engagement to longtime boyfriend on Instagram
He popped the question in Italy.
Wedding bells are ringing for professional sports’ first openly gay draft pick.
Michael Sam announced his engagement to longtime boyfriend Vito Cammisano on Instagram, writing, “@vitcamm thank you for making my 25th birthday a very special one,” followed by a series of emoji rings and international flags.
Sam and Cammisano received national attention for locking lips on TV after Sam was drafted by the St. Louis Rams. They met while they were both student-athletes at University of Missouri (Cammisano was a competitive swimmer). While Sam was eventually cut from the Rams, he and Cammisano continue to be role models for openly gay student athletes.
The duo got engaged last week in Rome during Sam’s birthday, but they kept the news secret for a week while they continued to tour Europe.
Cammisano also showed off his new bling on Twitter.
H/T BuzzFeed | Screengrab via mikeysam52/Instagram
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.