- We have a lot of questions about this woman’s Hot Cheetos bath 3 Years Ago
- Convincing deepfake drops Neo from ‘The Matrix’ straight into ‘Office Space’ 3 Years Ago
- Kent State gun girl calls for armed insurrection after being booed off campus 3 Years Ago
- James Charles and Tfue took an intimate photo—and the internet is in love Today 10:07 AM
- Ring finally makes two-factor authentication mandatory after series of hacks Today 9:39 AM
- The 2020 guide to live TV streaming for cord cutters Today 8:29 AM
- Popular dating app Growlr just suspended its users Today 8:23 AM
- Apple warns coronavirus expected to cause iPhone ‘supply shortages’ Monday 7:59 PM
- Will ‘The Bachelor’ end without an engagement? Monday 7:44 PM
- This ‘Little Women’ scene just became a meme Monday 7:03 PM
- Playable version of Blizzard’s ‘StarCraft: Ghost’ leaks online nearly 15 years after cancelation Monday 6:31 PM
- This Twitter extension can block unsolicited nudes from your inbox Monday 6:01 PM
- Jeffree Star wears cornrows after being accused of cultural appropriation Monday 4:49 PM
- Jeff Bezos says he’ll commit $10 billion to combat climate change Monday 4:18 PM
- A TikTok user went on a mission to turn his urine blue by chugging food coloring Monday 3:55 PM
We know that The Clone Wars will tie into the newest Star Wars film with the appearance of Saw Gerrera, the freedom fighter-turned-fringe Rebel ally with a previous connection to Jyn Erso, but a new promo for Rogue One might link Rebels the other major Star Wars animated TV show, albeit in a smaller way.
Around the 0:07 mark you can see a bunch of ships gathering, including what appears to be a VCX-100 light freighter—the exact type of ship used in Star Wars Rebels. The Ghost is the main ship used by the Rebels crew who try to stop the Empire at every turn in the years before A New Hope (and now Rogue One), and the characters on board make up part of the Rebellion before it became a formidable force.
Is it an Easter egg or just a throwaway ship used in a wide shot? It’s hard to say. While we don’t expect to see characters from Rebels in Rogue One, the attention to detail—which may only be noticed by Rebels fans—is always a most welcome touch. If they survived that long, it makes perfect sense for the Rebels crew to be part of a fight like this.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.