- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet 2 Years Ago
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Today 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Today 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Today 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Today 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Today 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
While the wait for a fourth season has no end in sight, Adult Swim gave Rick and Morty fans a brand new—and absolutely strange— adventure to hold them over.
It was always going to be nearly impossible for Adult Swim to top itself after pulling the ultimate anti-April Fools’ Day prank in 2017 and dropping the Rick and Morty season 3 premiere online. This year, it dropped a new Rick and Morty short from creator Michael Cusack online and on television late Sunday night, one that takes place in an alternate dimension: Australia.
- The joyful, existential dread of Mr. Meeseeks
- Who is Mr. Poopy Butthole?
- ‘Rick and Morty’ quotes that’ll blow your mind and crush your soul
The animation style is different, both Rick and Morty have Australian accents, and their adventures are much darker in Bushworld Adventures, but the dynamic between Rick and Morty is as messed up as ever. There’s plenty of trickery and gullibility to be had while the challenges they face and the weapons, which include Rick’s portal gun that he redesigned to look and shoot like a real gun, are even darker and more realistic than what can show up in your average Rick and Morty adventure. It probably won’t satisfy every Rick and Morty fan, but you can’t argue that things got really schwifty down under for a while.
Bushworld Adventures is streaming on Adult Swim’s website.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.