- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Today 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
When the first major Star Wars film in years hit theaters in late 2015, many fans were distressed to find that the movie’s protagonist, Rey, didn’t get the same treatment in the action figure department as other, lesser male characters. In short, there was no Rey action figure.
But it seems like Hasbro received the message, and there will be a Rey figure for sale alongside the release of the sci-fi franchise’s latest film, The Last Jedi. In fact, it’s already out, possibly sitting on a toy store shelf somewhere near you.
When The Force Awakens came out, Hasbro was hit with criticism for failing to initially release a Rey figure, despite rolling out figures of characters like Finn, Kylo Ren, and a random stormtrooper. It wasn’t just an issue with her representation in the action figure market; she was also conspicuously left out of the film’s Monopoly board game version, an oversight that The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams specifically condemned and one which went uncorrected for more than a year after the fact.
Basically, fans of Star Wars and of Rey were given every reason to fear she might get the short shrift again.
This time around, however, there is already a standalone Rey on toy store shelves, part of the early merchandising blitz in advance of the new film’s Dec. 15 release date. Which means fans of the iconic sci-fi epic’s latest hero who want to throw down for a few action figures won’t be left out in the cold this time.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.