- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
There are multiple ways of going about it.
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina arrives on Netflix this week, introducing us to a much different side of Sabrina Spellman than fans of the ’90s sitcom are used to seeing. But whether you’re looking to read the source material before binge-watching the show or diving in afterward, it’s easier than ever to read The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina online for free.
The comic book series by Archie Comics chief content officer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (who is also the showrunner of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and the CW’s Riverdale) and Robert Hack first launched in 2014. It gave readers a darker take on Archie Comics’ teen witch while embracing its full witchy potential. For a taste, look no further than the recently released opening credits for Netflix’s series, which is in the style of Hack’s artwork and references several of his covers.
Eight issues of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina have been released to date. For those looking to try out the series, it’s simple to get your hands on. You can purchase a physical copy or buy issues digitally for Kindle and Comixology, but if digital reading is more of your thing, you have several options without paying any additional money for it.
How to read The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina for free
1) Amazon Prime
The entire run of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina released to date is included under Amazon’s Prime Reading, which essentially works like a digital library. You find the digital title that you’re interested in, click on “Read for Free,” and the title will appear in your Kindle library. You can either search for The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and other titles you may want to borrow on Amazon, your Kindle, or the Kindle app, or you can start browsing for titles in Prime Reading.
You can download up to 10 books, comics, and magazines at one time with no time-limit on how long you borrow them. With that limit, you can borrow the entirety of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina at one time. But if you have 10 books checked out or are finished reading, you can return the book to access other titles. If you’re viewing your desktop Prime Reading library, select the Actions tab and click “Return this book.” If you’re on the Kindle app, press down on the title in your Kindle library and select “Return Book.”
Unlike Kindle Unlimited, Prime Reading is among the many perks that already comes with your Amazon Prime account, so if you already have an account for shipping and streaming, this is just one more way to take advantage of it.
- Is a Marvel Unlimited subscription worth it?
- The best free comics online
- Marvel vs. DC: Which comics universe reigns supreme?
Depending on what you’re looking for, Comixology Unlimited’s selection of comics available to read isn’t always the greatest. Fortunately, it has all eight issues of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina so you won’t be left hanging by a digital library that isn’t up to date.
The subscription service allows you to borrow up to 50 books at a time. So unless you already have dozens of titles checked out, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina shouldn’t break the bank. Just click “Borrow” on the titles you want and start reading.
A Comixology Unlimited subscription will cost $5.99 a month after a 30-day trial, so if you haven’t used it up yet, you can access The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and numerous other titles.
3) Archie Unlimited
Did you know that Archie Comics has its own digital subscription service? You can access the Archie Comics archive—which encompasses decades of comics—including The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. It’s all included within the $7.99 monthly plan.
The service is a bit pricier than Comixology Unlimited, but if you’re also a Riverdale fan looking to read more Archie-adjacent comics, it’s worth taking a look.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.