- Pluto TV and the NFL launch the NFL Channel 2 Years Ago
- Trump: ‘I am the chosen one’ 2 Years Ago
- Video shows arrest of 15-year-old who threatened school shooting online 2 Years Ago
- Woman finds massive diamond after watching YouTube video on how to find diamonds Today 11:30 AM
- Up to 20 states are banding together to probe Facebook, Google Today 11:08 AM
- Get your tinker on with the Electronic Games Advent Calendar Today 10:51 AM
- Why Joe Biden has big Jeb Bush energy Today 10:35 AM
- Trump quotes conspiracy theorist saying he’s the ‘second coming of God’ Today 9:04 AM
- Parkland teens announce massive gun reform proposal Today 9:04 AM
- Here’s how you can get a free palm reading online Today 8:48 AM
- ‘The Matrix 4’ is happening with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss Today 7:17 AM
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team NFC preview Today 7:00 AM
- The 10 best science podcasts to teach you about our world Today 6:00 AM
- How to make sure you have access to every Instagram filter Today 6:00 AM
- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
Ben Affleck’s solo Batman movie has a new director
Holy new director, Batman!
The new development comes after Ben Affleck, who was originally set to star, direct, and co-produce the film, dropped out of directing the project last month. At the time he cited that he wasn’t able to give “the very best performance I can give” while juggling both roles. Reeves, along with directing, will also produce the film.
“We are thrilled to have Matt Reeves taking the helm of Batman, the crown jewel of our DC slate,” Toby Emmerich, President and Chief Content Officer at Warner Bros. Pictures Group, said in a statement. “Matt’s deep roots in genre films and his evolution into an emotional world-building director make him the perfect filmmaker to guide the Dark Knight through this next journey.”
Reeves has directed a handful of films prior to being given The Batman including Cloverfield and War of the Planet of the Apes, the latter of which is set to be released later this year.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.