- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public 3 Years Ago
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time 3 Years Ago
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Today 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Today 3:56 PM
- There’s a perfectly good reason why we can’t buy official Baby Yoda merch yet Today 3:00 PM
- Trump’s handwritten ‘I WANT NOTHING’ note gets memed Today 12:57 PM
- Facebook quietly launched a meme generator app called Whale Today 12:40 PM
- How to watch tonight’s fire Warriors vs. Mavericks matchup online Today 12:14 PM
- Android security flaw could have let hackers hijack your phone’s camera Today 12:10 PM
- How Julia Roberts playing Harriet Tubman became a meme Today 12:01 PM
- Woman banned from Instagram for sharing d*ck pic she didn’t ask for (updated) Today 11:55 AM
- People risking concussions for new TikTok challenge Today 11:14 AM
- A ‘Joker’ sequel could be in the works from Warner Bros. (updated) Today 11:06 AM
- Is Jake Paul going to fight again? There are plenty of clues Today 10:57 AM
- Ghostemane concert abruptly canceled amid ‘safety concerns’ and reported gun threat Today 10:41 AM
Some fans believed Hamill and Ridley’s announcement—first teased on Monday—would be to reveal the Last Jedi trailer for millions of anxiously awaiting fans. Others cynically thought they would be teasing the release date of the trailer, which many expect to drop during Star Wars Celebration this week. However, the appearance was more charitable as they announced a new Force for Change campaign on Omaze to benefit UNICEF and Starlight Children’s Foundation.
As they explained, they were launching a new campaign and giving fans the chance to win three grand prizes:
- An overnight trip to Skywalker Ranch and Skywalker Inn with a private screening of A New Hope and a chance to view the Star Wars archives
- A trip to the set of the untitled Han Solo movie with a chance to appear in the film
- Attend the Last Jedi premiere with the cast and be among the first to see the newest Star Wars film
Donations start at $10 with fans able to obtain special items like T-shirts, posters, coins, character busts, and your own private screening of The Last Jedi.
Hamill and Ridley expanded on the grand prizes in a segment that’s as charming as you’d imagine.
Force for Change, which Lucasfilm first launched early into production for The Force Awakens, offered fans the chance to enter a drawing to win a trip to the Force Awakens set and receive a variety of special items. The initial campaign raised $5.26 million.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.