- Fortnite leak reveals a ‘Batman’ crossover event may be happening 2 Years Ago
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Today 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Today 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Today 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Today 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Today 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Today 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Today 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Today 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Today 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Today 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Today 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Today 12:33 PM
- Every house in ‘Skyrim’ and how to get them all Today 12:28 PM
- How to stream all the Week 3 NFL action Today 12:14 PM
Some fans believed Hamill and Ridley’s announcement—first teased on Monday—would be to reveal the Last Jedi trailer for millions of anxiously awaiting fans. Others cynically thought they would be teasing the release date of the trailer, which many expect to drop during Star Wars Celebration this week. However, the appearance was more charitable as they announced a new Force for Change campaign on Omaze to benefit UNICEF and Starlight Children’s Foundation.
As they explained, they were launching a new campaign and giving fans the chance to win three grand prizes:
- An overnight trip to Skywalker Ranch and Skywalker Inn with a private screening of A New Hope and a chance to view the Star Wars archives
- A trip to the set of the untitled Han Solo movie with a chance to appear in the film
- Attend the Last Jedi premiere with the cast and be among the first to see the newest Star Wars film
Donations start at $10 with fans able to obtain special items like T-shirts, posters, coins, character busts, and your own private screening of The Last Jedi.
Hamill and Ridley expanded on the grand prizes in a segment that’s as charming as you’d imagine.
Force for Change, which Lucasfilm first launched early into production for The Force Awakens, offered fans the chance to enter a drawing to win a trip to the Force Awakens set and receive a variety of special items. The initial campaign raised $5.26 million.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.