- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? 6 Years Ago
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
Marge Simpson becomes next pop culture icon to get the MAC Cosmetics treatment
People are wondering how MAC will translate the yellow and blue themes of the Simpsons into wearable products.
In honor of The Simpsons’ 25th anniversary, MAC Cosmetics is launching a new collection inspired by our favorite family from Springfield. According to MAC, the limited-edition makeup line will be released this fall, feature “a vivacious colour collection,” and focus on the beautiful blue-haired Marge Simpson. The company, along with the show, spread the news on social media using the hashtag #MACandMARGE.
There’s been no word yet on the products that will be included in the cosmetics collection. While some people are wondering how MAC may translate the yellow and blue themes of the Simpsons into wearable products, the company has a history of turning pop culture into products.
On Thursday their most recent tie-in line inspired by the new Disney film Maleficent arrived in stores. The collection features products for eyes, face, lips, and nails that are appropriately on the dark side of the color spectrum.
Photo via MAC Cosmetics/Facebook
Last year their Archie’s Girls line based on Betty and Veronica from Archie Comics displayed the girls’ different personalities with a range of deep, seductive colors and soft, innocent shades. In 2011, Wonder Woman was the inspiration for a heroic collection that included products like Athena’s Kiss lip gloss. Before that Hello Kitty and Barbie were given the MAC treatment and The Muppets’ Miss Piggy headlined an exclusive collection.
All of these lines have done well for MAC, and for the most part, it’s clear the company puts some thought into how their products and colors relate to their pop culture inspiration, so it should be exciting to see how they translate Marge’s iconic color palette of yellow, red, green, and blue. We might get a cool range of products including blue lipsticks and green eye shadows, but we’ll just have to wait and see!
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.