- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side 5 Years Ago
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint 5 Years Ago
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords 5 Years Ago
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery 5 Years Ago
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Today 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Today 1:16 PM
- Don’t want a Fitbit? These step tracker apps got you covered Today 12:51 PM
- Protesters sing ‘Baby Shark’ to soothe frightened toddler Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Babu Frik, the adorable, teeny mechanic from ‘Rise of Skywalker’? Today 12:36 PM
- Senators push for social media data portability Today 12:11 PM
- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world Today 11:34 AM
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah Today 11:12 AM
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers Today 11:02 AM
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
- What is going on with C-3PO in the final trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 10:04 AM
Marge Simpson becomes next pop culture icon to get the MAC Cosmetics treatment
People are wondering how MAC will translate the yellow and blue themes of the Simpsons into wearable products.
In honor of The Simpsons’ 25th anniversary, MAC Cosmetics is launching a new collection inspired by our favorite family from Springfield. According to MAC, the limited-edition makeup line will be released this fall, feature “a vivacious colour collection,” and focus on the beautiful blue-haired Marge Simpson. The company, along with the show, spread the news on social media using the hashtag #MACandMARGE.
There’s been no word yet on the products that will be included in the cosmetics collection. While some people are wondering how MAC may translate the yellow and blue themes of the Simpsons into wearable products, the company has a history of turning pop culture into products.
On Thursday their most recent tie-in line inspired by the new Disney film Maleficent arrived in stores. The collection features products for eyes, face, lips, and nails that are appropriately on the dark side of the color spectrum.
Photo via MAC Cosmetics/Facebook
Last year their Archie’s Girls line based on Betty and Veronica from Archie Comics displayed the girls’ different personalities with a range of deep, seductive colors and soft, innocent shades. In 2011, Wonder Woman was the inspiration for a heroic collection that included products like Athena’s Kiss lip gloss. Before that Hello Kitty and Barbie were given the MAC treatment and The Muppets’ Miss Piggy headlined an exclusive collection.
All of these lines have done well for MAC, and for the most part, it’s clear the company puts some thought into how their products and colors relate to their pop culture inspiration, so it should be exciting to see how they translate Marge’s iconic color palette of yellow, red, green, and blue. We might get a cool range of products including blue lipsticks and green eye shadows, but we’ll just have to wait and see!
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.