- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Thursday 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Thursday 9:53 AM
Inflatable T-rex conducts an orchestra through the ‘Jurassic Park’ theme—and it’s dino-mite
The dinosaur’s got talent.
People can do just about anything in an inflatable T-rex costume, whether they’re attempting to complete an obstacle course, dancing, or starring in a wedding photoshoot. But now we can add orchestra conductor to the list, after one led a performance of a fitting theme song.
John Williams’ Jurassic Park theme is gripping and powerful in its own right, but when a T-rex does it—as seen in a video widely shared on Twitter on Wednesday night—it brings the performance to another level. The music moves us, but the visual of a conducting dinosaur—one with a very limited arm mobility—takes it to another level. We can only imagine how much it took to nail down that kind of conducting.
And we can’t forget those little hops.
My entire life has led to this moment... T-Rex conducting the Jurassic Park theme song. 😭❤😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/j9BtCwmPKY— Ailyn Marie (@TheLeanMarie) January 3, 2018
As it turned out, the video has been around for awhile. Initially posted nearly a year ago, the performance is from A Symphonic Tribute to Comic Con: The Tetralogy, a performance from the Colorado Symphony that featured themes and tributes to some of their favorite scores. According to 303 Magazine, there was plenty of cosplay in the concert hall among the audience and musicians, which is why you can see some orchestra members in costume. Conductor Christopher Dragon also got into it by starting the show in Beetlejuice cosplay but eventually debuted the T-rex costume in time to perform the Jurassic Park theme (and later even returned as Harry Potter).
If you liked the short clip of orchestra T-rex, the entire performance is even better.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.