- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
Inflatable T-rex conducts an orchestra through the ‘Jurassic Park’ theme—and it’s dino-mite
The dinosaur’s got talent.
People can do just about anything in an inflatable T-rex costume, whether they’re attempting to complete an obstacle course, dancing, or starring in a wedding photoshoot. But now we can add orchestra conductor to the list, after one led a performance of a fitting theme song.
John Williams’ Jurassic Park theme is gripping and powerful in its own right, but when a T-rex does it—as seen in a video widely shared on Twitter on Wednesday night—it brings the performance to another level. The music moves us, but the visual of a conducting dinosaur—one with a very limited arm mobility—takes it to another level. We can only imagine how much it took to nail down that kind of conducting.
And we can’t forget those little hops.
My entire life has led to this moment… T-Rex conducting the Jurassic Park theme song. 😭❤😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/j9BtCwmPKY
— Ailyn Marie (@TheLeanMarie) January 3, 2018
As it turned out, the video has been around for awhile. Initially posted nearly a year ago, the performance is from A Symphonic Tribute to Comic Con: The Tetralogy, a performance from the Colorado Symphony that featured themes and tributes to some of their favorite scores. According to 303 Magazine, there was plenty of cosplay in the concert hall among the audience and musicians, which is why you can see some orchestra members in costume. Conductor Christopher Dragon also got into it by starting the show in Beetlejuice cosplay but eventually debuted the T-rex costume in time to perform the Jurassic Park theme (and later even returned as Harry Potter).
If you liked the short clip of orchestra T-rex, the entire performance is even better.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.