- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Friday 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Friday 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Friday 8:43 AM
Listen up, all you Marvel and DC diehards: You’re never going to convince one another that the other is superior, so stop wasting your time. Or, at the very least, leave Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn’s Twitter mentions out of it.
On Saturday, the Marvel film director tweeted that enough was enough, ranting that he was tired of not being able to mention the DC universe without the world’s comic book defenders starting a brawl on Twitter.
1 Every time I mention anything DC, no matter what, my feed becomes an endless screaming match about BvS.— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) October 28, 2017
“Every time I mention anything DC, no matter what, my feed becomes an endless screaming match about [Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice],” Gunn wrote, launching into a Twitter rant of his own. “You guys are never going to convince each other—it’s just a bunch of wasted energy.”
Why fight over Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, a two-year-old movie, when Marvel and DC fans could just use that energy to realize how much they have in common, Gunn surmised? Or, better yet, scream about something of “international importance,” such as President Donald Trump.
At the very least, Gunn begged, leave him out of these fights and untag him in tweets before engaging.
“I’ve muted a lot of you guys, but not all,” Gunn wrote.
That’s right, you Marvel vs. DC-enraged fans—stay off Gunn’s lawn!
Read Gunn’s entire Twitter rant below:
2 You guys are never going to convince each other - it’s just a bunch of wasted energy.— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) October 28, 2017
3 At least when you’re screaming at each other about Trump, it’s something of international importance.— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) October 28, 2017
4 But it’s a 2 year old movie that some people like and some people don’t. Why is someone else’s opinion so important to you?— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) October 28, 2017
5 As Marvel and DC super fans you have way more in common with each other than you do with the rest of the world.— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) October 28, 2017
6 So why do you spend so much time raging at each other? It’s silly. Please just stop it. Stop engaging in that way.— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) October 28, 2017
7 But at the very least, when you do, untag me. I’ve muted a lot of you guys, but not all. Thanks.— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) October 28, 2017
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.