- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action 4 Months Ago
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk 4 Months Ago
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage 4 Months Ago
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments 4 Months Ago
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis 4 Months Ago
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Today 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Today 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Today 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Today 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Today 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Today 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Today 2:04 PM
- Caitlyn Jenner ridiculed with transphobic jokes during Alec Baldwin roast Today 1:27 PM
- Brad Pitt confronts his daddy issues in the sci-fi epic ‘Ad Astra’ Today 1:20 PM
- People are stanning Elizabeth Warren’s respect for a train’s quiet car Today 1:16 PM
This article contains spoilers.
Fans are still reeling from Ser Jorah Mormont’s brutal death at the hands of the Night King’s army.
The courageous character fought valiantly for his queen, taking blade after blade in his effort to protect her. Daenerys’ heartbroken sobs were one of the last things we saw in the third episode of Game of Thrones’ final season. At the start of the fourth episode, which aired Sunday night, the Dragon Queen knelt by the corpse of her longtime adviser. Tearfully, she whispered a few final words in his ear. It was a fitting, painful end to one of the show’s longest-lasting characters.
After Jorah’s emotional sendoff, fans were eager to hear the last words spoken to him by his beloved queen. As it turns out, however, they may be too precious to share. Given that Ser Jorah’s actor Iain Glen and Daenerys’ Emilia Clarke have known each other since the very first episode, it’s unsurprising that the goodbye was difficult for more reasons than one. In an interview with Glen, Entertainment Weekly discovered that the showrunners gave Clarke full reign to decide on what to say. Beyond that, he didn’t feel like sharing much.
“It’s something entirely sincere and true to the moment and something that I’ll never forget,” he said. “I’ll always cherish it because it’s something no one will ever know but the two of us. And that’s a memory to hold onto.”
In a world of leaks, spoilers, and rabid fandom, the sentiment is understandable. And considering that the stage directions read “Daenerys whispers something to him that he’ll never hear and we’ll never know,” according to EW, the actors followed the showrunners’ plans flawlessly.
It stands to reason that we may discover Dany’s words someday, but for now, the actors are remaining tight-lipped. After eight seasons and almost a decade of friendship, can we really blame them for wanting something to themselves?
- Jon Snow didn’t pet his direwolf before leaving Winterfell, and fans are distraught
- ‘Game of Thrones’ really left a to-go cup on set
- Everyone wants Dany to go full-on Mad Queen and burn down King’s Landing
Need more news from beyond the Wall? Sign up here to receive our weekly Game of Thrones newsletter from in-house expert Michelle Jaworski.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.