- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
You have until the end of February to enjoy Fortnite’s season 7, but Fortnite season 8 is already rumbling. Well, quaking, to be exact. Some data miners have found some Earth-shaking evidence of what we can expect from Fortnite’s next season. Here’s everything we know so far.
When is Fortnite season 8?
While it hasn’t been confirmed, historically there’s no break between seasons. One ends and the other simply begins the next day. So you can bet on Fortnite season 8 likely starting on March 1.
Fortnite season 8: What does the Fortnite earthquake mean?
You may remember that data miners previously discovered some files suggesting the DJ Marshmello would be performing a concert inside Fortnite, and by god, they were right. According to FortniteIntel, those same data miners later found a file conveniently labeled “Earthquake.” That file had been added to the Events directory of Fortnite files every player downloads before playing.
Audio files from the game have also leaked, labeled “Earthquake_Shakes.” Listen to them in the tweet below from FortTory.
And wouldn’t you know it, Fortnite moves so fast we had to update this article before it was even out the door. It seems like some players have noticed earthquake sounds going off during matches. See the video from Twitter user @Sphexgames2 below.
EARHQUAKE FOOTAGE:— Sphex (@sphexgames2) February 5, 2019
FORTNITE IS NOW HAVING EARTHQUAKES. pic.twitter.com/WPB1AKwn4k
Fortnite season 8: The Ice King vs. the Prisoner
The recently released Prisoner skin could possibly play a role in Fortnite season 8, which would point to a much deeper lore than anyone could have expected a battle royale game to have. Fans were treated to a snow-covered version of the Fortnite map this past season, and it seemed like a perfectly normal way to celebrate the winter weather and holidays. The mysterious Snowstorm Castle appeared during this period, but beneath it laid a dungeon that’s mysteriously melted.
Here’s where the Fortnite Prisoner skin comes in. As a progressive skin, more of its features will be unlocked as players gain more experience points or complete various objectives.
It’s likely that the Prisoner is actually the Fire King, an enemy to the Ice King who built the Snowstorm Castle. Unlocking the different stages of this skin reveals the prisoner is infused with some sort of fire power. Even better, recently teased campfires are evidently the final step of unlocking the Prisoner’s third stage skin. Could Fortnite season 8 revolve around the clash between the Ice King (a skin released in season 7) and the mysterious Fire King? Here’s hoping.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.