- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Tuesday 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
Ten points to Gryffindor! Actress Emma Watson reinforced a fan’s diligent studying when she popped into a FaceTime chat with the fan’s mom.
Therese Kiara had skipped out on a trip into New York City with her mom to stay home and study for a big biology exam. But when Kiara’s mom ran into the Harry Potter star, she knew just the way to give her daughter a little extra motivation.
I was just studying for my Bio exam when my Mom called to show Emma Watson standing behind her, then she approached and...Posted by Therese Kiara on Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Hermione Granger was a straight-A student at Hogwarts (10 Outstanding OWLs!), but that character wasn’t too much of a stretch for Watson, who graduated from the Brown University with a degree in English literature in 2014. Most recently, she tapped that literature-loving inspiration again for her role as Belle in Beauty and the Beast.
Though the A-list celebrity has a strict rule about not taking photos with fans for security concerns, it seems she was willing to let her guard down a little to brighten the day of a fellow bookworm.
H/T Hello Giggles
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.