- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less 2 Years Ago
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over 2 Years Ago
- Amazon’s ‘Hanna’ miniseries offers a more conventional take on the teen spy thriller 2 Years Ago
- Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired Today 10:16 AM
- YouTube star Ice Poseidon reportedly raided by FBI Today 10:11 AM
- Devin Nunes is threatening to sue more people who mock him on Twitter Today 10:10 AM
- The Economist faces blowback for asking if trans people should be sterilized Today 9:50 AM
- 8 doormats that we can’t believe actually exist Today 9:35 AM
- Why is political blog the Hill publishing op-eds by anti-LGBTQ hate groups? Today 9:16 AM
- A woman vice president? The 2020 men have some thoughts Today 9:00 AM
- 80 percent of Americans support reinstating net neutrality Today 8:38 AM
- Website secretly filmed 1,600 hotel guests for fetish live stream Today 8:18 AM
- The Holga 120N is the $40 camera you never knew you needed Today 8:13 AM
- Poster for ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ gets mercilessly roasted Today 7:18 AM
- How to steam March Madness 2019 for free Today 7:00 AM
Ten points to Gryffindor! Actress Emma Watson reinforced a fan’s diligent studying when she popped into a FaceTime chat with the fan’s mom.
Therese Kiara had skipped out on a trip into New York City with her mom to stay home and study for a big biology exam. But when Kiara’s mom ran into the Harry Potter star, she knew just the way to give her daughter a little extra motivation.
I was just studying for my Bio exam when my Mom called to show Emma Watson standing behind her, then she approached and…
Hermione Granger was a straight-A student at Hogwarts (10 Outstanding OWLs!), but that character wasn’t too much of a stretch for Watson, who graduated from the Brown University with a degree in English literature in 2014. Most recently, she tapped that literature-loving inspiration again for her role as Belle in Beauty and the Beast.
Though the A-list celebrity has a strict rule about not taking photos with fans for security concerns, it seems she was willing to let her guard down a little to brighten the day of a fellow bookworm.
H/T Hello Giggles
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.