- What exactly is ‘too adult’ for Disney+? 3 Years Ago
- How tall is Michael Bloomberg? 3 Years Ago
- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
The Merc with a Mouth will soon break the fourth wall in another format—television.
Both Glovers already have a working relationship with FX. The network airs Donald Glover’s award-winning show Atlanta while Stephen Glover—Donald’s brother—wrote four episodes of Atlanta’s first season.
Deadpool has been a breakaway hit for Fox (which owns the rights to Deadpool), and with a sequel already underway it’s expanding the character’s reach. And for those who worry about Deadpool being tamed for animation, worry not: The show is being described as “adult animation.” (It’ll air on the same network that Archer has made its new home, after all.)
And there’s no way this show isn’t going to reference the movies, right?
“Donald Glover is an incredibly gifted and versatile artist who’ll bring the untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series to life with the same intense, singular vision as his breakout hit Atlanta,” FX original programming president Nick Grad said in a statement. “With the success of Legion, we’re looking forward to again partnering with Marvel Television to create a series that is bold, striking and entirely original.”
“Deadpool, Donald and FX—the perfect fit for the Merc with the Mouth!,” said. Jeph Loeb, head of Marvel Television. “We’re thrilled that our relationship with FX that started with Legion continues with what is sure to be a groundbreaking show in adult animation.”
Donald Glover already has a full plate of projects in the works. On top of the Deadpool animated TV series, he has the Han Solo movie, has been cast in the live-action Lion King movie, and has Atlanta season 2 ahead of him.
The untitled Deadpool TV show will debut in 2018.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.