- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 3 Years Ago
- TikTok is being used to call out predators 3 Years Ago
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding 3 Years Ago
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Today 11:47 AM
- In ‘Wild Rose,’ a star is born Today 11:39 AM
- The Sinking City realizes Lovecraftian horror in a new light Today 11:16 AM
- The ‘Avengers: Endgame’ re-release sounds pretty underwhelming Today 11:10 AM
- Google employees won’t be allowed to speak out against YouTube during Pride Today 10:43 AM
- YouTuber Etika found dead, NYPD confirms Today 10:39 AM
- Andrew Yang is holding a universal basic income giveaway Today 10:38 AM
- League of Legends streamer busted live by girlfriend after she finds his Tinder Today 10:19 AM
- Samuel L. Jackson roasts ‘Spider-Man’ marketing gaffe Today 8:49 AM
- Trump cites long-dead ayatollah while announcing Iran sanction Today 8:46 AM
- Why a far-right conspiracy about Ilhan Omar is in the news again Today 7:46 AM
- Razer publicly shames female influencer who tweeted about being sexually harassed Today 7:45 AM
Where to find the best ‘Fantastic Beasts’ merchandise on Etsy
We see lots of nifflers and bowtruckles in our future.
As is the case for many movies, the best Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them merchandise is unofficial. You can find T-shirts, Funko Pops (including a niffler!), and posters at the Harry Potter store, but the most interesting piece of official merch is this MACUSA necklace.
To find some more creative Fantastic Beasts accessories, we’re headed over to Etsy.
Before the movie franchise came the book, a small non-fiction (or rather, fictional non-fiction) volume about the magical creatures of the Harry Potter universe. It’s also about the same size as a smartphone, which explains why Fantastic Beasts cellphone cases are so popular.
There are a couple that replicate the look of the actual book, but we prefer this looser interpretation, which has more in common with The Monster Book of Monsters from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
P.S. These miniature Fantastic Beasts book necklaces also look like they’d make a cute holiday gift for fans of geek fashion.
We’re predicting an influx of adorable toy beasts once the movie comes out, especially nifflers and bowtruckles (Eddie Redmayne‘s favorite creature). In the meantime, Etsy artist Hannah Hitchman is offering up some chic Potterhead style with these niffler enamel pins.
American wizarding school Ilvermorny has four houses like Hogwarts: Horned Serpent, Wampus, Thunderbird, and Pukwudgie. Many fans have already identified which house they belong to, which explains Etsy’s wealth of Ilvermorny-inspired wall decals, T-shirts, and custom shoes.
We suspect these American college-style Ilvermorny alumni shirts will be very popular after the movie comes out.
This collection of replica props is our favorite Etsy Fantastic Beasts creation so far. Illustrator Kiko Sánchez specializes in paper props and recreated several important items from the movie: a newspaper clipping, a vintage 1920s map of New York City, Newt Scamander’s passport, a poster for Senator Henry Shaw Jr., and a copy of Cassandra And Her Cat Gustavus, a book belonging to Tina and Queenie Goldstein.
As the collection’s creator points out, these props would be perfect for a Fantastic Beasts theme party.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor