- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Today 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Today 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Today 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Today 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Today 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Today 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Today 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Today 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Today 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Today 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Today 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Today 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Today 10:32 AM
- Trump adds Jeffrey Epstein’s old attorney to impeachment team Today 10:03 AM
- YouTube star Cameron Dallas gets scathing reviews for his Broadway debut Today 9:58 AM
As is the case for many movies, the best Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them merchandise is unofficial. You can find T-shirts, Funko Pops (including a niffler!), and posters at the Harry Potter store, but the most interesting piece of official merch is this MACUSA necklace.
To find some more creative Fantastic Beasts accessories, we’re headed over to Etsy.
Before the movie franchise came the book, a small non-fiction (or rather, fictional non-fiction) volume about the magical creatures of the Harry Potter universe. It’s also about the same size as a smartphone, which explains why Fantastic Beasts cellphone cases are so popular.
There are a couple that replicate the look of the actual book, but we prefer this looser interpretation, which has more in common with The Monster Book of Monsters from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
P.S. These miniature Fantastic Beasts book necklaces also look like they’d make a cute holiday gift for fans of geek fashion.
We’re predicting an influx of adorable toy beasts once the movie comes out, especially nifflers and bowtruckles (Eddie Redmayne‘s favorite creature). In the meantime, Etsy artist Hannah Hitchman is offering up some chic Potterhead style with these niffler enamel pins.
American wizarding school Ilvermorny has four houses like Hogwarts: Horned Serpent, Wampus, Thunderbird, and Pukwudgie. Many fans have already identified which house they belong to, which explains Etsy’s wealth of Ilvermorny-inspired wall decals, T-shirts, and custom shoes.
We suspect these American college-style Ilvermorny alumni shirts will be very popular after the movie comes out.
This collection of replica props is our favorite Etsy Fantastic Beasts creation so far. Illustrator Kiko Sánchez specializes in paper props and recreated several important items from the movie: a newspaper clipping, a vintage 1920s map of New York City, Newt Scamander’s passport, a poster for Senator Henry Shaw Jr., and a copy of Cassandra And Her Cat Gustavus, a book belonging to Tina and Queenie Goldstein.
As the collection’s creator points out, these props would be perfect for a Fantastic Beasts theme party.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor