- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
The robots that may one day travel to a galaxy far, far away got some sound advice from one droid that already has.
Fresh off a jam session on The Late Late Show, BB-8 visited NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, to hang out with the robots preparing for NASA’s eventual journey to Mars. And from the looks of it, everybody involved had a hell of a great time.
While the Curiosity Rover we all know and love is still up documenting and exploring Mars’s surface so we can learn more about it, its test double is still on Earth and completely game for a robotic selfie. We imagine BB-8 is the one holding the camera.
The Star Wars droid learned plenty about Mars while at NASA, and likely passed on everything it knew about Jakku and what little could be revealed about the Resistance. They’ve all seen (and will see) a lot, so they’re trading war stories when they can.
BB-8 has the proper clearance, and is exploring as much of the campus as possible.
If that whole Mars thing doesn’t work out, the Resistance could always use more droids and robots for the cause.
Photo via Curiosity Rover/Twitter
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.