- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
- Did BTS fans really cause TikTok to crash? (updated) Friday 11:08 AM
- People are selling homemade tampons on Etsy Friday 11:01 AM
We’re in the final days before Avengers: Endgame hits theaters, and the marketing blitz is just as heavy as you’d expect. Marvel has dropped a number of short TV ads to promote the movie, and you won’t be surprised to hear that some of them contain juicy new bits of footage that tell us a lot about how the war between the Avengers and Thanos will go down. We’ve fallen on our sword (er, gauntlet?) so you don’t have to, dear readers, and listed out all the Avengers: Endgame spoilers we’ve found in these new ads.
If you want to stay completely ignorant, go no further.
Valkyrie is here and she looks fabulous
There’s been some information swirling that Tessa Thompson’s Valkyrie from Thor: Ragnarok would play a role in Avengers: Endgame, but now we’ve got full-blown confirmation from one of these TV ads. Last we saw Valkyrie, she was fleeing Asgard’s demise in a ship with Thor and the Hulk in Ragnarok, but that plan was quickly scuttled when Thanos’ ship arrived. In the opening scenes of Avengers: Infinity War, we see Thor, Hulk, and Loki all brawling with Thanos, but Valkyrie is nowhere to be seen.
In the opening seconds of the video below, we see Valkyrie smiling and looking upward. If she’s alive, it’s not unreasonable to think the hilarious Meek and Korg are as well.
Thor is willing to do ‘whatever it takes’
We’ve previously seen Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Iron Man repeating the same “whatever it takes” mantra while preparing for the big fight with Thanos. It’s just Hulk/Banner and Thor who have yet to utter the words. Now though, Marvel’s latest ad lets us hear (although, not see) Thor saying, “whatever it takes,” which gives us all we need to believe the Norse god of Thunder is onboard with whatever crazy plan they’ve hatched up.
Thanos has a big honkin’ sword now
In the same clip that we see Valkyrie, we also hear Thanos threaten to burn the Earth to cinders. At some point in all the fighting, we’re going to see him wield a giant sword. Well, giant for us.
It makes sense to see Thanos wielding an extra weapon. After the infamous snap in Avengers: Infinity War, we can clearly see that the Infinity Gauntlet is properly trashed from all the energy it had to expend to wipe out half of all life. Considering that at least one fan theory posits that the Avengers may be making their own Infinity Gauntlet and traveling back in time, don’t be surprised if Thanos’ powers are a little more muted after the first film. For what it’s worth, we’ve also seen an official toy pop up showing an Iron Man-style Infinity Gauntlet.
Thanos’ vacation-home planet
In Avengers Infinity War, we hear Thanos saying that all he wants to do after his crusade is over is retire—literally retire, and we even see him chilling on a farm watching the sunrise shortly after the universe-murdering snap.
In one of the latest TV ads, we see the Avengers looking at the planet Thanos calls his new vacation home, Planet 0259-S. From the two seconds we see in the trailer, a green surge of energy flows through one side of the planet. Is that just a part of the Avengers’ holographic display, or is that Thanos doing some Infinity Stone landscaping? We’ll soon find out, but check out the image at the five-second mark.
Tony and Steve are totally BFFs again…maybe
In the longer trailer (the one right above), we see Tony Stark and Steve Rogers finally hashing things out…we think. There’s still plenty of conflict to resolve since that final fight in Civil War, but Tony saying he misses Cap’s “giddy optimism” is certainly a starting point.
Is that the Hulk counting down or just a raspy Bruce Banner?
This last one is a bit of a long shot, but what Avengers fan theory isn’t these days. At the 15-second mark in the video below, we hear Hulk actor Mark Ruffalo saying, “We’re going in three…two…one.” Since his voice sounds a little deeper, some have guessed that it’s more Hulk than Professor Banner. So maybe we see Hulk make a triumphant return? We’ll soon find out.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.