- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots 4 Weeks Ago
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations 4 Weeks Ago
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Today 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Today 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Today 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Today 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Today 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
‘Avengers: Endgame’ premiere brings no spoilers, but plenty of emotion
The audience describes ‘Endgame’ as epic and surprising.
You’ll have to wait a little longer for Avengers: Endgame reviews, but in the meantime, we’ve got spoiler-free reactions from last night’s premiere. Along with the stars and creative team behind the franchise, Endgame’s premiere hosted film critics and members of the public. And thankfully, they were allowed to post their opinions on social media.
As expected, the response is very positive. Carefully avoiding any spoilers, people who saw Endgame are describing it as epic, emotional, and a worthy conclusion to the franchise. There’s also a general sense that it’s better than Infinity War, which is great news.
So I just saw #AvengersEndgame, and you guys aren’t ready for shiiiiit. All the theorizing didn’t prepare you for this. I cried a lot, I flung my hands in the air and screamed out loud. It’s incredible. #EndgamePremiereLA #Avengers #Endgame
— Beatrice Verhoeven (@bverhoev) April 23, 2019
While watching #AvengersEndgame, I laughed so loud, I clapped with so much force, and I cried so hard. The movie exceeds every expectation and is the perfect culmination of the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe.
— Brandon Davis (@BrandonDavisBD) April 23, 2019
Imagine the best possible version of #AvengersEndgame and somehow the film still surpasses all expectations. I cried 5-6 times. It’s the most emotional, most epic, MCU film. A tribute to ten years of this universe and holy shit the great fan service in this movie. Soooo good.
— Peter Sciretta (@slashfilm) April 23, 2019
One of the more intriguing reactions came from Fandango’s managing editor Erik Davis, who described Endgame as the brains to Infinity War‘s brawn. So, hopefully, this film is a lot deeper than the CGI slugfest that you often see in superhero team-up movies.
#AvengersEndgame is a masterful epic – a true culmination of 22 films that not only concludes the story, but expands upon it. You’ll learn more about the other movies while this one unfolds. If Infinity War is the brawn, Endgame is the brains. And wow, what an ending! pic.twitter.com/94ttBUQKJ0
— Erik Davis (@ErikDavis) April 23, 2019
Of course, the in-depth reviews may turn out to be more mixed than these off-the-cuff reactions. It’s hard to articulate all your opinions in a single spoiler-free tweet, and the premiere atmosphere is designed to inspire effusive enthusiasm. The night was a star-studded party fueled by Marvel hype, not to mention an exclusive ticket for people who already love the franchise.
However, these early reactions are definitely promising—especially the hints that Avengers: Endgame includes some genuinely surprising twists. It sounds like Endgame manages to be a satisfying conclusion to the franchise, without being too predictable.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor