- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
If today has been unkind to you (spilled coffee, ran late, terrible review at work), we have a question for you that may rewind the day back to the beginning and erase all that came before it: How would feel if you got to meet 100 Totoros?
You’re smiling already, right? Thanks to Australian animator CL Terry, you can meet dozens of them right now. They are a part of a project she’s working on to create 100 GIFs at the rate of one per day. Here are a few of the ones she made that plastered our faces with sappy smiles.
Not all 100 of the GIFs in Terry’s art project will be dedicated to Totoro, but the most recent batch is all devoted to the popular Japanese forest spirit. Many of them have a touch of Terry’s sense of the whimsical as well.
Terry also has a predilection for cats. She’s drawn breadcats, cats in boxes, cats in glasses, and cats eating pizza, and throws in the occasional fandom piece for variety, such as her GIF of Eleven from Stranger Things.
She still has a few GIFs left to go before hitting her goal of 100. If you’d like to follow the project and keep up with her future art as well, you can do so right here.
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.