- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free 6 Years Ago
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash 6 Years Ago
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free 6 Years Ago
- How to watch the Las Vegas Bowl online for free Today 8:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Rayo Vallecano online for free Today 7:30 AM
- ‘Runaways’ season 2 expands its universe and mysteries Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch the Cure Bowl online for free Today 7:05 AM
- How to watch Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding for free Today 7:00 AM
- Politicians who inspired the internet in 2018 Today 6:30 AM
- Here are all the college bowl games on TV today Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the New Mexico Bowl online for free Today 5:15 AM
- How to watch the Celebration Bowl online for free Today 4:55 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. Werder Bremen online for free Today 3:00 AM
- Report: DACA recipients increasingly being denied federal housing loans Friday 3:54 PM
- Chris Christie is finally getting praise—for turning down Donald Trump Friday 3:39 PM
“You guys have earned an audience bigger than the biggest TV networks,” announced founder David Karp.
In a year already chock full of milestones, Tumblr just celebrated its biggest one yet.
The microblogging network founded by CEO David Karp is now one of the top 10 most visited sites in the world, with an audience of about 170 million people per month, according to statistics from Quantcast.
“You guys have earned an audience bigger than the biggest TV networks, and you continue to make some of the most thought provoking, insightful, inspiring, funny, diverse, and compelling content being created today.”
Tumblr was founded in February 2007. Today it collects more than 77 million posts a day across 79 million blogs.
Photo by jessaax/Flickr
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.