- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
People are Photoshopping Ivanka Trump into places she doesn’t belong
It’s a riff on her presence at the G20 Summit.
Ivanka Trump can be seen in a viral video awkwardly trying to insert herself into a conversation amongst world leaders at the G20 Summit. People are now Photoshopping her into places she doesn’t belong to make fun of the moment–along with the hashtag #UnwantedIvanka.
The First Daughter and White House advisor received criticism for her involvement in the G20 Summit, despite her lack of status as an elected official or member of the president’s cabinet.
The conversation in question was taking place between British Prime Minister Theresa May, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, French President Emmanuel Macron and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Chair Christine Lagarde. The video was released by the French government on Sunday.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said Trump’s presence at the summit could hurt U.S. diplomatic standing, since “being someone’s daughter actually isn’t a career qualification.”
It may be shocking to some, but being someone’s daughter actually isn’t a career qualification.— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) June 30, 2019
It hurts our diplomatic standing when the President phones it in & the world moves on.
The US needs our President working the G20. Bringing a qualified diplomat couldn’t hurt either. https://t.co/KCZMXJ8FD9
Critics suggested the video showed Trump interjecting into a conversation she was not welcome in or qualified for, thus the Twitter sensation of #UnwelcomeIvanka was born.
“I also had a dream, but you can go first. #UnwantedIvanka,” one Twitter user wrote.
Trump can now be seen everywhere she doesn’t belong, from playing football next to a kneeling Colin Kaepernick to standing with serial killer Ted Bundy.
- Ivanka Trump painfully tries to converse with world leaders in viral video
- Megan Rapinoe’s World Cup goal pose is now a meme
- Sarah Sanders is reportedly writing a book—and people have suggestions
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Caitlin Davis is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and the Austin Chronicle.