- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs 2 Months Ago
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue 2 Months Ago
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Today 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Today 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Today 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Today 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Today 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
- The rise of the conservative ‘mancast’ in a world of changing masculinity Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Troop Zero’ gives the underdog movie a stylized re-do Today 4:20 AM
- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
At a NATO reception in Buckingham Palace, Princess Anne, the Queen’s only daughter, was caught on camera refusing to come over and greet President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump.
As the Queen gives her daughter a look common to all mothers, Anne just shrugs and starts laughing, apparently unafraid of the consequences for snubbing the president or, worse, crossing her mother.
Princess Anne is like “ I turned up mum, what more do you want from me ?!” 😅 love Princess Anne ! The shade is reaaaal 🤣— 👸🏾 (@Sparklyyy1) December 4, 2019
Queen: “Anne, get over here right this instant.”— Mike Pattinson (@MikePattinson) December 4, 2019
Princess Anne: 🤷🏻♀️😂 pic.twitter.com/tuo681iO57
Later on, the princess was also filmed with a cluster of NATO leaders, including British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, as they made fun of the president and his love of press conferences.
Nato leaders slagging off Trump while Princess Anne laps it up – not giving a single shit – is also the mood we need to take into today pic.twitter.com/OLxmFRzqk1— Hannah Jane Parkinson (@ladyhaja) December 4, 2019
Princess Anne rapidly started trending on Twitter as people stan a, um, princess.
Shoutout to Princess Anne for flat out refusing to meet Trump haha pic.twitter.com/YMsbMZfRCe— BATSAM (@My_blonde_life) December 4, 2019
If you had "Princess Anne giving Trump side eye" on your "2019 IS OUT OF CONTROL" Bingo Card, then please mark it off.— Kim Saks McManaway (@ProfMcManaway) December 4, 2019
IS PRINCESS ANNE DEAD?— Dr. Tuk (@TukRoll) December 4, 2019
OH LAWD. IT IS I WHO IS DED pic.twitter.com/KUkWEzaETG
Princess Anne has ALWAYS been an absolute hero in the royal family. Didn’t give her kids titles, first to divorce, working round the clock...— Marthe de Ferrer (@MarthedeFerrer) December 4, 2019
The videos of her gossiping with world leaders & shrugging like a teenager at the queen are just the cherry on top. *chef’s kiss* pic.twitter.com/3RLgQHOxMf
"Why is 'Princess Anne' trending?", I asked myself.— Matthew Toohey (@TooheyMatthew) December 4, 2019
Reader, I was not disappointed.
Princess Anne has long been the "not putting up with your shit" member of the Royal Family.
Her reactions to The Orange Buffoon were bound to be shareworthy. #PrincessAnne
Lizzo carrying the amount of fucks Princess Anne gives pic.twitter.com/LTpVGjmWUf— James Greig (@fudwedding) December 4, 2019
Always loved her. Grew up in the village where she lives. When you’ve seen her with a sledgehammer, slamming in wooden posts on the side of a main road, with no security detail, and a young Zara and Peter sat watching on, you knew she didn’t give a stuff.— Alex Russell (@sideshowbob1971) December 4, 2019
'[After shooting her chauffeur and bodyguard, the kidnapper] directed Anne to get out of the car, to which she replied: "Not bloody likely!", and reportedly briefly considered hitting him.'— Dimi Reider (@reider) December 4, 2019
People are surprised that Princess Anne can hang? That woman once was the victim of an attempted kidnapping and when she was told to get out of her car at gunpoint she said, "Not bloody likely." A true bad bitch.— Little Edie's Head Scarf (@lordandtyler) December 4, 2019
Fans are also desperate for this to turn up in The Crown.
Oh My God.— Dr. Jennifer Cassidy (@OxfordDiplomat) December 4, 2019
I knew this happened.
But I’ve yet to see it up close.
Trudeau, Macron, Johnson, Rutte and Princess Anne in Buckingham Palace, openly mock Trump.
Cannot wait for this to be The Crown Season 8. https://t.co/ZuHIxwy8ta
I think the greatest part of today is realizing Princess Anne is kind of exactly how she is portrayed in The Crown. pic.twitter.com/4p7USH0fgP— Swetha Sharma (@sisharma84) December 4, 2019
The whole thing seems to have catapulted Anne to the top of everyone’s favorite royals.
Princess Anne snubbing Donald Trump has made her officially our favourite member of the Royal Family. *Shrugs* pic.twitter.com/dMbq2c0Xw5— British GLAMOUR (@GlamourMagUK) December 4, 2019
Omg. When I was growing up in Illinois, Princess Anne (the brunette with a high bun, wearing the flower print dress and blazer), was the naughty princess. God love her, she hasn’t changed. We stan her reaction to dtump and Mel. https://t.co/r8i8q01CPm— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) December 4, 2019
The Princess Anne ‘no, fuck you’ shrug could and should be used in all political situations from here on. Thank you ma’am.— Jonathan Pie (@JonathanPieNews) December 4, 2019
Siobhan Ball is a historian, archivist, and journalist. She also writes for Autostraddle and bi.org