- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing 2 Months Ago
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend 2 Months Ago
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished 2 Months Ago
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Today 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Today 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Today 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Today 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Today 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Today 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Today 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Today 11:39 AM
- Every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie and show missing from Disney+ (and when they’ll show up) Today 11:35 AM
- HBO Max is planning a ‘Friends’ reunion special Today 11:10 AM
- 18 games you’ll want to have for all your holiday parties Today 11:09 AM
Paul Manafort, President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman, had a brief appearance on Nickelodeon once.
Manafort was indicted in October 2017 as part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe.
Manafort’s wife, Kathleen, was once a contestant on What Would You Do?, a Nickelodeon game show that ran in the early 1990s. In the segment, host Marc Summers weighs Manafort’s wife’s purse.
“Lets count them together. One, two… oh wait a minute there’s three American Express cards: he’s got a gold, a platinum, and a corporate. He’s got nine Visas, and an AT&T credit card,” Summers continues.
A young Paul Manafort and his wife Kathleen on the ‘90s Nickelodeon game show “What Would You Do?” https://t.co/e7AU84baH9— Samuel Hammond 🌐🏛 (@hamandcheese) September 4, 2019
Weirdest video of the day:— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) September 3, 2019
Paul Manafort and his wife, Kathleen, appeared on the 90s Nickelodeon show 'What Would You Do?'
During a segment for "heaviest purse," Marc Summers has Manafort's wallet and pulls out 3 AmEx cards, 9 VISA cards, and another credit card. (via Reddit) pic.twitter.com/J0M41YxbBA
At the end of the segment, Manafort’s wife lost the purse weighing contest, thus skipping getting a pie thrown at her face.
Manfort was convicted of bank fraud and tax fraud as part of Mueller’s probe. He has also pled not guilty in March to new felony charges of mortgage fraud and falsifying business records, according to HuffPost.
In his time lobbying for foreign governments, Manafort amassed over $50 million and lived in an extravagant lifestyle. When Manafort was on trial, it was revealed he once purchased a $15,000 ostrich coat, as the government tried to portray his dubious sources of income.
Perhaps Marc Summers was trying to warn us?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).