- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
Paul Manafort, President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman, had a brief appearance on Nickelodeon once.
Manafort was indicted in October 2017 as part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe.
Manafort’s wife, Kathleen, was once a contestant on What Would You Do?, a Nickelodeon game show that ran in the early 1990s. In the segment, host Marc Summers weighs Manafort’s wife’s purse.
“Lets count them together. One, two… oh wait a minute there’s three American Express cards: he’s got a gold, a platinum, and a corporate. He’s got nine Visas, and an AT&T credit card,” Summers continues.
A young Paul Manafort and his wife Kathleen on the ‘90s Nickelodeon game show “What Would You Do?” https://t.co/e7AU84baH9— Samuel Hammond 🌐🏛 (@hamandcheese) September 4, 2019
Weirdest video of the day:— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) September 3, 2019
Paul Manafort and his wife, Kathleen, appeared on the 90s Nickelodeon show 'What Would You Do?'
During a segment for "heaviest purse," Marc Summers has Manafort's wallet and pulls out 3 AmEx cards, 9 VISA cards, and another credit card. (via Reddit) pic.twitter.com/J0M41YxbBA
At the end of the segment, Manafort’s wife lost the purse weighing contest, thus skipping getting a pie thrown at her face.
Manfort was convicted of bank fraud and tax fraud as part of Mueller’s probe. He has also pled not guilty in March to new felony charges of mortgage fraud and falsifying business records, according to HuffPost.
In his time lobbying for foreign governments, Manafort amassed over $50 million and lived in an extravagant lifestyle. When Manafort was on trial, it was revealed he once purchased a $15,000 ostrich coat, as the government tried to portray his dubious sources of income.
Perhaps Marc Summers was trying to warn us?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).