- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
On Tuesday, President Donald Trump‘s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former personal lawyer Michael Cohen were both at the conclusion of their respective lengthy legal battles—and major cable news networks were breathlessly covering the cases as news came in.
Cohen pled guilty to several felony charges—including campaign finance violations—and said Trump ordered him to pay off adult film actress Stormy Daniels ahead of the 2016 election.
Manafort was found guilty on eight counts of felony tax fraud, failing to declare a foreign bank account, and bank fraud. A judge declared a mistrial for 10 other counts levied against him.
While outlets like CNN, MSNBC, ABC and others covered the trials, people on the internet poked fun at Fox News‘s coverage of the events (or lack thereof).
While some jokes were critiques of Fox’s coverage, a meme popped up that’s essentially a running list of outlets covering the Manafort and Cohen news, ending with Fox News “covering” a completely unrelated (or bizarre) subject.
Fox has, in the past, talked about anything but the legal trouble of Trump associates.
CNN: Cohen & Manafort convictions.— Sarah Sweeney (@heysarahsweeney) August 21, 2018
ABC: Cohen to plead guilty.
MSNBC: Cohen plea deal.
FOX News: Are candelabras female candles?
CNN: Michael Cohen reaches plea deal.— Denizcan Grimes (@MrFilmkritik) August 21, 2018
MSNBC: Michael Cohen reaches plea deal.
Fox News: Hillary Clinton wants open borders!
CBS: Manafort/Cohen story— Rebel Scum #42 (@lipstickham) August 22, 2018
NBC: Manafort/Cohen story
ABC: Manafort/Cohen story
CNN: Manafort/Cohen story
Headline News: Manafort/Cohen story
BBC: Manafort/Cohen story
MSNBC: Manafort/Cohen story
Local News: Manafort/Cohen story
Fox News: Immigrant implicated in murder
CNN - Cohen plea deal— Fred Delicious (@Fred_Delicious) August 21, 2018
MSNBC - Cohen plea deal
Fox News - Are cats becoming too tall?
cnn: cohen pleads guilty, implicates trump— John Whitehouse (@existentialfish) August 22, 2018
msnbc: cohen pleads guilty, implicates trump
fox news: "celebs at mtv vma awards slam trump" pic.twitter.com/x935l7yXPn
CBS: #PaulManafort & #MichaelCohen— Will’s Cretin-Pardon Countdown Clock (@bywillpollock) August 21, 2018
ABC: Manafort & Cohen
CNN: Manafort & Cohen
MSNBC: Manafort & Cohen
PBS: Manafort & Cohen
BBC: Manafort & Cohen
Fox News: Look y’all there’s a car chase in Phoenix @seanhannity tonight: HILLARY SUCKS
CNN: Manafort Convicted, Cohen Pleads Guilty— Quinn Sutherland (@ReelQuinn) August 21, 2018
MSNBC: Manafort Convicted, Cohen Pleads Guilty
FOOD NETWORK: Manafort Convicted, Cohen Pleads Guilty
ANIMAL PLANET: Manafort Convicted, Cohen Pleads Guilty
FOX NEWS: Tasty Coleslaw Recipes For Labor Day
CNN: Manafort and Cohen— Erik (@erik316wttn) August 22, 2018
MSNBC: Manafort and Cohen
Fox and Friends: Tooth fairy
Tell me, which one is fake news again? 🤔
CNN: Manafort guilty on 8 counts— #1 Rachel (@rachel) August 21, 2018
NYT: Manafort guilty of fraud
AP: Cohen pleads guilty
Fox News: Were the lobsters on the Titanic happy that it sank?
To be fair, Fox News’s website had several stories dedicated to the Manafort and Cohen news on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, with both trials taking up most of the real estate at the top of their politics section. And no stories about panda sex.
- What is KAG, Trump’s 2020 campaign slogan?
- Twitter roasts Trump golf club over pitiful plate of ‘vegetables’
- This former Congressman said it’s #MeToo’s fault that he resigned
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).