- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side 1 Year Ago
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint 1 Year Ago
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords 1 Year Ago
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Today 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Today 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Today 1:16 PM
- Don’t want a Fitbit? These step tracker apps got you covered Today 12:51 PM
- Protesters sing ‘Baby Shark’ to soothe frightened toddler Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Babu Frik, the adorable, teeny mechanic from ‘Rise of Skywalker’? Today 12:36 PM
- Senators push for social media data portability Today 12:11 PM
- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world Today 11:34 AM
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah Today 11:12 AM
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers Today 11:02 AM
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
- What is going on with C-3PO in the final trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 10:04 AM
On Tuesday, President Donald Trump‘s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former personal lawyer Michael Cohen were both at the conclusion of their respective lengthy legal battles—and major cable news networks were breathlessly covering the cases as news came in.
Cohen pled guilty to several felony charges—including campaign finance violations—and said Trump ordered him to pay off adult film actress Stormy Daniels ahead of the 2016 election.
Manafort was found guilty on eight counts of felony tax fraud, failing to declare a foreign bank account, and bank fraud. A judge declared a mistrial for 10 other counts levied against him.
While outlets like CNN, MSNBC, ABC and others covered the trials, people on the internet poked fun at Fox News‘s coverage of the events (or lack thereof).
While some jokes were critiques of Fox’s coverage, a meme popped up that’s essentially a running list of outlets covering the Manafort and Cohen news, ending with Fox News “covering” a completely unrelated (or bizarre) subject.
Fox has, in the past, talked about anything but the legal trouble of Trump associates.
CNN: Cohen & Manafort convictions.— Sarah Sweeney (@heysarahsweeney) August 21, 2018
ABC: Cohen to plead guilty.
MSNBC: Cohen plea deal.
FOX News: Are candelabras female candles?
CNN: Michael Cohen reaches plea deal.— Denizcan Grimes (@MrFilmkritik) August 21, 2018
MSNBC: Michael Cohen reaches plea deal.
Fox News: Hillary Clinton wants open borders!
CBS: Manafort/Cohen story— Rebel Scum #42 (@lipstickham) August 22, 2018
NBC: Manafort/Cohen story
ABC: Manafort/Cohen story
CNN: Manafort/Cohen story
Headline News: Manafort/Cohen story
BBC: Manafort/Cohen story
MSNBC: Manafort/Cohen story
Local News: Manafort/Cohen story
Fox News: Immigrant implicated in murder
CNN - Cohen plea deal— Fred Delicious (@Fred_Delicious) August 21, 2018
MSNBC - Cohen plea deal
Fox News - Are cats becoming too tall?
cnn: cohen pleads guilty, implicates trump— John Whitehouse (@existentialfish) August 22, 2018
msnbc: cohen pleads guilty, implicates trump
fox news: "celebs at mtv vma awards slam trump" pic.twitter.com/x935l7yXPn
CBS: #PaulManafort & #MichaelCohen— Will’s Cretin-Pardon Countdown Clock (@bywillpollock) August 21, 2018
ABC: Manafort & Cohen
CNN: Manafort & Cohen
MSNBC: Manafort & Cohen
PBS: Manafort & Cohen
BBC: Manafort & Cohen
Fox News: Look y’all there’s a car chase in Phoenix @seanhannity tonight: HILLARY SUCKS
CNN: Manafort Convicted, Cohen Pleads Guilty— Quinn Sutherland (@ReelQuinn) August 21, 2018
MSNBC: Manafort Convicted, Cohen Pleads Guilty
FOOD NETWORK: Manafort Convicted, Cohen Pleads Guilty
ANIMAL PLANET: Manafort Convicted, Cohen Pleads Guilty
FOX NEWS: Tasty Coleslaw Recipes For Labor Day
CNN: Manafort and Cohen— Erik (@erik316wttn) August 22, 2018
MSNBC: Manafort and Cohen
Fox and Friends: Tooth fairy
Tell me, which one is fake news again? 🤔
CNN: Manafort guilty on 8 counts— #1 Rachel (@rachel) August 21, 2018
NYT: Manafort guilty of fraud
AP: Cohen pleads guilty
Fox News: Were the lobsters on the Titanic happy that it sank?
To be fair, Fox News’s website had several stories dedicated to the Manafort and Cohen news on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, with both trials taking up most of the real estate at the top of their politics section. And no stories about panda sex.
- What is KAG, Trump’s 2020 campaign slogan?
- Twitter roasts Trump golf club over pitiful plate of ‘vegetables’
- This former Congressman said it’s #MeToo’s fault that he resigned
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).