- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) posted a $100 check that he is donating to Democrat Doug Jones in the Alabama Senate race later this month.
Flake wrote “country over party” in “For” section of the check and in his tweet, suggesting that he was donating to Jones instead of Republican Roy Moore, who several women say engaged in numerous forms of sexual misconduct with them in the past–including when they were minors.
The $100 check from Flake comes as the White House reaffirmed President Donald Trump‘s support of Moore in the Senate race.
White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders implied that Trump, and his administration, wanted someone in the Senate seat who supported the president’s agenda, regardless of whether he has been accused by numerous woman of sexual assault. Moore has been accused of attempting to rape a 16-year-old behind a restaurant and sexually assaulting a 14-year-old.
Country over Party pic.twitter.com/JZMTaEYdxQ— Jeff Flake (@JeffFlake) December 5, 2017
Flake, who announced he would not seek reelection in 2018, has sparred with Trump on numerous occasions this year. In late October, Flake announced he would not be seeking another term in the Senate and lambasted Trump for being “dangerous to a democracy” for his behavior as president.
Before that Trump said “nobody knows who the hell” Flake was, and called him “weak” on borders and crime.
In late November, Trump suggested that he believed Moore, adding that you “have to listen to him also” and implying that he wanted a Republican, despite the allegations, in the Senate seat other than a Democrat. On Monday, Trump officially endorsed Moore in the Alabama Senate race despite the numerous accusations made against him.
Trump also has been accused by a number of woman of sexual misconduct.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).