- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
President Donald Trump gave his strongest endorsement today of Alamaba Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who is running in a special election to replace Attorney General Jeff Sessions against Democrat Doug Jones.
In the past few weeks, the Moore campaign has been embroiled in scandal as reports came out about his sexual assault of a teenage girl and relationships with other underage women.
Trump had waffled on supporting Moore—originally campaigning for his primary opponent Luther Strange—before going mum after the reports against Moore surfaced. But his support has grown as the election neared and this morning he told Alabamans to vote for Moore, who is an accused pedophile.
Democrats refusal to give even one vote for massive Tax Cuts is why we need Republican Roy Moore to win in Alabama. We need his vote on stopping crime, illegal immigration, Border Wall, Military, Pro Life, V.A., Judges 2nd Amendment and more. No to Jones, a Pelosi/Schumer Puppet!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 4, 2017
Putting Pelosi/Schumer Liberal Puppet Jones into office in Alabama would hurt our great Republican Agenda of low on taxes, tough on crime, strong on military and borders...& so much more. Look at your 401-k’s since Election. Highest Stock Market EVER! Jobs are roaring back!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 4, 2017
Trump’s endorsement comes in the wake of the Senate’s slim passage of its tax reform bill, 51-49. The bill heads to reconciliation now and will need to be approved again by the Senate after it is combined with the version the House passed. That process will likely occur after Alabama’s election on Dec. 12.
Later this week, Trump heads to Pensacola, Florida, on the Alabama border for a rally. Trump has not said if he will campaign for Moore.
Over the weekend, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who had previously said Moore should drop out of the race, said he now believes it is up to the people of Alabama to decide if Moore is fit for office,
Update 1:24pm CT, Dec. 4: President Trump gave Roy Moore his official support in a phone call this morning, saying he “liked a fighter.”
According to reports, Trump concluded the call with “Go get ’em, Roy.”
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]