- Amtrak employee asked a NAACP lawyer to move from her train seat Sunday 7:54 PM
- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ Sunday 4:37 PM
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Sunday 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Sunday 1:45 PM
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Sunday 12:32 PM
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Sunday 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Sunday 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Sunday 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
The song, called “Real Women Vote For Trump” amassed over 98,000 views on YouTube.
“Real women vote for Trump, we don’t need no liberal chump,” the women sing in the video.
In a tweet, the Deplorable Choir wrote that they’re “sick and tired of people degrading our flag AND our president,” tagging Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.)
This song is to the 4 freshmen congresswomen known as “the squad” @AOC, @IlhanMN @RashidaTlaib @AyannaPressley— The Deplorable Choir⭐️⭐️⭐️ (@DeplorableChoir) July 16, 2019
We’re sick and tired of people degrading our flag AND our president.
REAL WOMEN VOTE TRUMP! pic.twitter.com/FyWIkLaKlI
On Sunday, Trump told the four women to “go back” to the “totally broken and crime infested” countries that they came from in series of tweets that many are calling a new low for the president. The women didn’t “come from” anywhere, as all four women are Americans and three of them were born in the U.S.
So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 14, 2019
....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 14, 2019
Even anti-immigration groups are having a hard time defending Trump–but not the Deplorable Choir.
The women of the Deplorable Choir–who only go by Cj, Val, and Linz–later tweeted that “the squad” is trying to convince people that Trump is racist, despite evidence that, they say, proves otherwise.
There are only 3 people to win the Ellis Island award for their work within the black community...— The Deplorable Choir⭐️⭐️⭐️ (@DeplorableChoir) July 17, 2019
1. Rosa Parks
2. Muhammad Ali
3. DONALD TRUMP
Yah but the “squad” wants you to believe he’s racist. Okay.
Their diss track received mixed responses.
“Absolutely adorable and I love it. Keep it up ladies,” one supporter wrote.
Absolutely adorable and I love it.— ☀️Summer (@srnaegel) July 16, 2019
Keep it up ladies.
Yet, another Twitter user commented that the women “forgot to wear” their Ku Klux Klan hoods.
Ladies, you forgot to wear your HOODS!!!!!!!— KINGCHAPPIE (@KINGCHAPPIE1) July 16, 2019
I'm sick & tired of Trump degrading women of color. I'm also sick & tired of conservatives caring more about a piece of cloth than women & children being locked in cages with inhumane living conditions. They shouldn't be separated at the border, that's what I'm sick & tired of.— David Weissman (@davidmweissman) July 16, 2019
Real women will vote Trump out.— Jody Hamilton (@fromthebunkerjr) July 16, 2019
- The Deplorable Choir is (literally) singing the president’s praises
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets
- Trump tells 4 congresswomen of color to go back to the countries they came from
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Katie Balevic is an editorial intern at the Daily Dot where she enjoys covering social justice issues and politics. Her previous work has appeared in the Daily Texan, the Victoria Advocate, and the Houston Defender.